AV Design Engineer
- AV Integration
- Omaha, NE
SKC has a great opportunity for an experienced Design Engineer to join our team in Omaha. SKC is on the top 10 list of audiovisual integrators and has been named Ingram’s Fastest Growing Businesses for 18 years. SKC offers a full suite of benefits, including medical & dental insurance, flex spending accounts, holiday & vacation leave, and company-matched retirement savings. Our employee programs are designed to encourage ongoing personal and professional growth. SKC enjoys low turnover, promotes from within and fosters a strong team atmosphere.
The preferred candidate will have great technical experience, ability to work with clients and Account Executives to design audiovisual solutions for the specific needs of the client, with a minimum of 5 years audiovisual experience.
- CTS & CTS-D Preferred
- College/Technical degree Preferred
- Experience with high and low voltage systems, audiovisual design, construction drawings, market manufacturer/product knowledge
- Travel 25%
MAJOR RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
Design Engineer Level I
- Work with clients and Account Executives to design audiovisual solutions for the specific needs of the client
- Typical designs are of smaller scope such as stand-alone conference rooms, digital signage, and/or video conferencing cart systems.
- Responsible for working with Clients, Account Executives, Construction Managers, Electricians, and associated building disciplines to gather their AV business needs and design a solution that meets those needs.
- Create and communicate accurate quotes, scopes of work, change orders, and other documentation.
- Clearly communicate and document tradeoffs, impacts, and alternatives to the client and Account Executives.
- Answer questions and troubleshoot with Project Managers and on-site Technicians post-PO.
- Maintain workflow guidelines established by SKC Operations Team
- Ability to work with Project Manager, Field Technicians, Programmers & Consultants to ensure our work meets the expectations detailed in the Scope of Work
- Review with the Engineering team to ensure adherence to established specifications and standards (general construction, ADA, etc.)
- Work in a group environment to obtain both group and individual goals for the Integration Department
- Maintain up to date knowledge on products to ensure the highest quality solution is provided to the client
- Perform site surveys & provide support to Levels II & III Design Engineers
- Provide any other support to ensure SKC operates up to company standards on a daily basis
Design Engineer Level II
- All the skills listed in Design Level I
- Additional skills listed below:
- Typical designs are of medium to large scope (<= $750K) such as centralized rack rooms, combine divide rooms, and master controls rooms.
- Ability to successfully draft more complex scopes of work that are accurate, detailed, and minimize risk.
- Elevated communication skills with ability to explain design solutions and alternatives to clients in a simplified manner.
- Incorporates lessons learned from self and the department
- Has earned a certification in at least 3 disciplines
- Examples Include: Crestron DMC-E, Biamp Audia, Biamp Tesira, AMX Ace Designer, Infocomm CTS, etc.
- 10+ designs of $100k and greater
- Demonstrated ability to consistently design, quote and support projects that have been completed within the quoted number of hours and dollars. Begin developing a deeper skill set in a particular expertise
- Examples include: Control Systems, Audio Systems, Video Conferencing, etc.
- Typically 2-5 years of design experience in the Audio Visual industry
- Proactively monitors work to account for design accuracy
- Helps to mentor Level I Design Engineers and provides support to Level III Design Engineers
Design Engineer Level III
- All skills and certifications listed in Design Engineer Levels I & II
- Additional skills listed below:
- Ability to design projects of large to extra-large scope ($750K+) such as campuses, new buildings, auditorium spaces, design builds, and large RFPs.
- Can problem solve the most difficult design issues
- Mastery level competency in 3 areas
- Mentor for fellow Design Engineers
- Master Level skill set in a particular expertise
- Typically 4+ years’ design experience in the Audio Visual industry