AV Engineering Manager
- AV Integration
- Shawnee, KS
Manager of Design Engineering (MoDE) is located within the Audio/Video Integration Division of SKC Communications. The MoDE will provide engineering direction, leadership and vision for the Audio/Video Integration department. The position will include: audio and video design, display technologies, wireless technologies, audio technologies, video / audio infrastructures and CAD deliverables. The candidate must collaborate with internal divisions and top management to deliver strategic results and act as a role model and agent of change to others.
MAJOR RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
- Work with internal customers to identify current issues and emerging needs.
- Oversee development of operations support documentation quote tools, design process etc. to meet Operational requirements, ensuring quality and content and project requirements.
- Lead, coach, develop, and mentor highly skilled infrastructure engineers. Perform resource management duties including allocation of resources to projects and other work requests.
- Oversee deployment of engineering resources to the sales or installation department as needed.
- Architecture and design for audio / video systems, with SME knowledge in one or more related technologies.
- Responsible for all supervisory functions (technical, personnel, developmental, staffing, quality control and training) related to the engineering department.
- Support the preparation of CAD drawings, collaborating with manufacturing and procurement processes.
- Plan and direct the work of the engineering staff, placing particular emphasis on product design, improvement and reduction of cost to achieve company objectives.
- Confer with project managers and users when required to fully understand requirements and cost objectives that drive product design.
- Monitor progress of projects; confer with project managers, project engineers, to assure that development is progressing according to schedule and within budgetary guidelines.
- Reports to Director of Operations. Work closely with that Director to establish objectives, human resources, and capital equipment needs.
- Create and manage growth plans for direct reports to ensure the successful growth of the engineering department.
- Provide any other support to ensure SKC operates up to standards on a daily basis.
SKC Communication Products, LLC promotes from within and strives to recognize each associate’s individual talents. SKC believes that our associates are our company’s most valuable asset. Consequently, SKC enjoys low turnover, promotes from within and fosters a strong team atmosphere. SKC offers a business casual environment, and we encourage our employees to be creative and enjoy the time they spend at work.
Special Physical Requirements
Some travel required
College degree preferred
2 year + in personnel management
- Extensive experience with sales cycle and engineering role within this cycle
- Strong experience with product technology integration and inter-connectivity.
- Significant experience in vendor management, communication with vendor engineering and vendor product development.
- Strong problem solving and root cause analysis skills with the ability to identify learning opportunities and improve current processes.
- Effective communication and presentation delivery skills, especially to senior management on technology strategies and standards.
- Ability to create and maintain cross-segment relationships and fostercollaboration, knowledge sharing and cooperation.