AV Integration Design Engineer (Atlanta)
- AV Integration Design Engineer, Design Engineer
Title: Design Engineer
Reports to: Chris Laing
Work hours: between the hours of 7:30-6:00
Employment Status: Exempt
MAJOR RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
Design Level I
1. Work with clients and account executives to provide an audiovisual solution for the specific needs of the client.
2. Responsible for working with client, account executives, construction, electrical, and associated building disciplines to communicate and produce accurate quotes & documentation.
3. Maintain workflow guidelines established by SKC management and PM teams.
4. Ability to work with PM, Field technicians & programmers to ensure our work meets the expectations assigned in Scope of work.
5. Review with engineering group to ensure adherence to established specifications and standards; general construction, ADA, etc.
6. Work in a group environment to obtain both group and individual goals for the integration department.
7. Maintain up to date knowledge on products to ensure highest quality solution is provided to client.
8. Perform site surveys & provide support to Tier II & III Design engineers.
9. Provide any other support to ensure SKC operates up to standards on a daily basis.
Design Level II
1. Has earned certification in at least 3 disciplines.
2. 10 designs of $100k +.
3. Successfully managed 15 projects that have completed under hours & budget.
Design Level III
1. Mastery level competency in 3 areas.
2. Minimum of 10 AV projects over $250k & at least 1 over $1 million.
3. Successfully designed 25 projects that have completed under hours & under budget.
SKC Communication Products, LLC promotes from within and strives to recognize each associate’s individual talents. SKC believes that our associates are our company’s most valuable asset. Consequently, SKC enjoys low turnover, promotes from within and fosters a strong team atmosphere. SKC offers a business casual environment, and we encourage our employees to be creative and enjoy the time they spend at work.
Special Physical Requirements
Ability to perform physical labor. May involve lifting of up to 50lbs.
Some travel may be required. 25%
College degree preferred
CTS & CTS-D Prefered
Level I 0+ years
Level II 2+ years
Level III 5+ years.
Experience with high and low voltage systems, audiovisual design, construction drawings, market manufacturer/product knowledge are beneficial.
Excellent Communication and Customer Relation Skills required.
Ability to analyze customer situations, make decisions and solve problems under pressure. Ability to work with a high degree of accuracy and detail. Basic numeric skills. Ability to maintain positive working relationships with management, co-workers, clients and vendors. Ability to communicate effectively face-to-face, in groups, and via telephone and written communication. Ability to travel. Ability to sit for long periods of time entering computer data, researching leads, and telephone communication (up to eight (8) hours). Ability to be detail oriented, work without supervision and must be available during working hours.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by individuals assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, knowledge, skills and abilities required of individuals so classified. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties and responsibilities.
It is the policy of SKC Communication Products, LLC to hire and retain individuals based upon their relative merits, abilities, experience, ambition and availability to best serve the public interest without regard for factors such as race, color, gender, religion, creed, national origin, age, sex, marital status, sexual orientation, disability, political affiliation or belief in all employment decisions, including but not limited to recruitment, hiring, compensation, training and apprenticeship, promotion, upgrading, demotion, downgrading, transfer, lay-off and termination and all other terms and conditions of employment. All policies, practices and actions taken will conform to applicable State and Federal laws, and all employment processes will be in accordance with Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action guidelines and the Americans with Disabilities Act.
SKC Communication Products, LLC (SKC) is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Location: Milwaukee, Omaha, Kansas City, Oklahoma City, Dallas, Rock Hill SC