AV Integration Project Engineer
- AV Integration
- Austin, TX
SKC Communications has a great opportunity for an experienced Project Engineer to join our team in Austin, TX.
Design, engineering, commissioning & training for a wide range of audio visual integration projects. Responsible for technical oversight of project from concept through completion ensuring quality control, profitability & customer satisfaction.
MAJOR RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
- Responsible for working with Clients, Account Executives, Construction Managers, Electricians and associated building disciplines to perform site surveys and create needs analysis documentation.
- Clearly communicate and document tradeoffs, impacts and alternatives to the client and Account Executives.
- Create and communicate complex scopes of work that are accurate, detailed and minimize risk.
- Create equipment lists to meet design requirements including all miscellaneous materials and cabling.
- Develop labor estimates across all disciplines to ensure project profitability.
- Create engineering schematics, architectural details, wire pull schedules, calculations, acoustical modeling or additional information per project requirements.
- Work with CAD department to ensure accuracy of drawings.
- Guide or develop DSP software as required for system functionality.
- Coordinate control system requirements with both customer and programmer.
- Answer questions and troubleshoot with all project team members during the project as necessary to ensure our work meets the expectations of the design and scope of work.
- Attend construction meetings as necessary.
- Lead commissioning efforts both in shop & on-site for high profile, complex and/or consultant ran projects which require advanced closeout practices.
- Lead technical client system trainings.
- Review shop and field drawings in order to bring to “as-built” status.
- Assist in facilitation of project turnover to service department.
- Maintain up to date knowledge on products to ensure the highest quality solution is provided to the client both during the design & implementation stages of the project.
- Maintain workflow guidelines established by SKC Operations Team.
- Stay up to date with new technologies and continued training while working on new certifications
Specific Knowledge, Experience & Training Required:
Typical AV Projects will be:
- Less than $250k
- Up to 15 weeks total effort
- Low or medium level risk
- Moderate programming
- Must be at a Senior AV technician level with a minimum of 2 years out in the field along with a minimum of 1 year as an Associated Project Engineer
- Must be fluent in CAD and SKC drawing standards
- Ability to collaborate and work with the PM team, Design Engineering team and Account Executives while supporting projects
- The ability to work with the quoting tool, SOW and change order tools
- The ability to work with vendors and partners for design requirement and assistance
Training & Experience:
- InfoComm CTS General Certification
- Extron AV Associate Certification
- SynAudCon Course 100: Principles of Audio
- SynAudCon Course 110: Transformer-Distribution Loudspeaker Systems
- Biamp Tesira Certification (Online)
- QSC Q-SYS Level One Training (Instructor Led)
- Polycom Soundstructure Certification
- Dante Track 2 Program Training Course
- Crestron CTI-P101 Foundations of Crestron Programming (Instructor Led)
- Crestron DMC-E Certification
- InfoComm Networking Technology Course (Instructor Led)
- InfoComm AV Math for Design Online
Ability to analyze customer situations, make decisions and solve problems under pressure. Ability to work with a high degree of accuracy and detail. Basic numeric skills. Ability to maintain positive working relationships with management, co-workers, clients and vendors. Ability to communicate effectively face-to-face, in groups, and via telephone and written communication. Ability to travel. Ability to sit for long periods of time entering computer data, researching leads, and telephone communication (up to eight (8) hours). Ability to be detail oriented, work without supervision and must be available during working hours.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by individuals assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, knowledge, skills and abilities required of individuals so classified. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties and responsibilities.
SKC Communication Products, LLC (SKC) is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to disability or protected veteran status, or other characteristics protected by laApply Now