AV Integration Project Engineer
- AV Integration
- Shawnee, KS
Design, engineering, commissioning & training for a wide range of audio visual integration projects. Responsible for technical oversight of project from concept through completion ensuring quality control, profitability & customer satisfaction.
- Responsible for working with Clients, Account Executives, Construction Managers, Electricians and associated building disciplines to perform site surveys and create needs analysis documentation.
- Clearly communicate and document tradeoffs, impacts and alternatives to the client and Account Executives.
- Create and communicate complex scopes of work that are accurate, detailed and minimize risk.
- Create equipment lists to meet design requirements including all miscellaneous materials and cabling.
- Develop labor estimates across all disciplines to ensure project profitability.
- Create engineering schematics, architectural details, wire pull schedules, calculations, acoustical modeling or additional information per project requirements.
- Work with CAD department to ensure accuracy of drawings.
- Guide or develop DSP software as required for system functionality.
- Coordinate control system requirements with both customer and programmer.
- Answer questions and troubleshoot with all project team members during the project as necessary to ensure our work meets the expectations of the design and scope of work.
- Attend construction meetings as necessary.
- Lead commissioning efforts both in shop & on-site for high profile, complex and/or consultant ran projects which require advanced closeout practices.
- Lead technical client system trainings.
- Review shop and field drawings in order to bring to “as-built” status.
- Assist in facilitation of project turnover to service department.
- Maintain up to date knowledge on products to ensure the highest quality solution is provided to the client both during the design & implementation stages of the project.
- Maintain workflow guidelines established by SKC Operations Team.
- Stay up to date with new technologies and continued training while working on new certifications
Typical AV Projects will be:
- Less than $250k
- Up to 15 weeks total effort
- Low or medium level risk
- Moderate programming
- Must be at a Senior AV technician level with a minimum of 2 years out in the field along with a minimum of 1 year as an Associated Project Engineer
- Must be fluent in CAD and SKC drawing standards
- Ability to collaborate and work with the PM team, Design Engineering team and Account Executives while supporting projects
- The ability to work with the quoting tool, SOW and change order tools
- The ability to work with vendors and partners for design requirement and assistance
Training & Experience:
- InfoComm CTS General Certification
- Extron AV Associate Certification
- SynAudCon Course 100: Principles of Audio
- SynAudCon Course 110: Transformer-Distribution Loudspeaker Systems
- Biamp Tesira Certification (Online)
- QSC Q-SYS Level One Training (Instructor Led)
- Polycom Soundstructure Certification
- Dante Track 2 Program Training Course
- Crestron CTI-P101 Foundations of Crestron Programming (Instructor Led)
- Crestron DMC-E Certification
- InfoComm Networking Technology Course (Instructor Led)
- InfoComm AV Math for Design Online