Senior AV Technician – Tier I.5
- AV Integration
- Milwaukee, WI
Installation & coordination of audio visual integration projects ranging in size & scope. Responsible for the successful installation of each assigned project & assistance with testing & closeout as necessary.
- Tasks including rack fabrication, equipment installation and cabling/termination are to be performed in accordance with SKC installation standards & system diagrams.
- Equipment external to racks is installed and custom panels or products are fabricated as directed by Lead Installation Technician or Project Engineer.
- Work alongside & communicate regularly with Lead Installation Technician, Project Engineer & Project Manager to ensure work quality, performance and materials meet required schedule & client expectations.
- Assigned tasks relating to job site work are maintained in an organized and clean manner.
- Assigned tasks are regularly completed within the budgeted time & performed to meet or exceed quality standards established at SKC.
- Assist in project plan development & execute within time goals & quality standards for project.
- Ability to problem solve in order to keep project on time and budget.
- Assure that each system is physically complete in accordance with system diagrams.
- Assist as necessary with testing of system & components to assure system functionality.
- Ability to work with clients on system functionality and project issues and planning.
- Document project changes and communicate back to project management & provide all documents at close of project.
- Provide any other support to ensure SKC operates up to standards on a daily basis.
- Completion and delivery of daily activity sheets to project management.
- Follow and maintain proper safety practices both at SKC & client facilities.
- Provide feedback to facilitate improvements to the installation process.
Senior AV Technician
Typical AV Projects will be:
- Less than $250K
- Up to 15 weeks total effort
- Install between 1-10 days in duration
- Low or Medium level risk
- Moderate programming
- Proficient in the structured cabling of projects which includes pulling, terminating and testing all cable and wiring associated with audio/video cables.
- Proven ability to adhere and follow CAD elevations and system schematics.
- Proven ability to lead 1-3 technicians throughout the duration of a small to mid-level project w/o control or audio DSP.
- Ability to train clients on non-controlled room systems.
- Competently document daily project status reports and deliver/communicate status reports with project management on a daily basis or in a frequency agreed upon by the project team.
Training & Experience:
- OSHA 30 Hour Online Construction Course
- InfoComm CTS Prep Online
- SynAudCon Course 50: How Sound Systems Work
- Biamp Online Training
- QSC Q-SYS Level One Online Training
- Polycom Soundstructure Online Tutorials
- Dante Track 1 Program Training Course
- Polycom Fundamentals FSIT201 Online Training
- Crestron DM Certified Designer – 4K (DMC-D-4K) (Online)