AV Service Technician – Tier III
- AV Service
- Chicago, IL
SKC Communications has an opening for a Tier 3 AV Service Field Technician in Chicago. SKC is on the top 10 list of audiovisual integrators and has been named Ingram’s Fastest Growing Businesses for 18 years. SKC offers a full suite of benefits, including medical & dental insurance, flex spending accounts, holiday & vacation leave, and company-matched retirement savings. Our employee programs are designed to encourage ongoing personal and professional growth. SKC enjoys low turnover, promotes from within and fosters a strong team atmosphere.
Preferred candidates have their CTS Certification and experience with AMX, Crestron and Extron programming code.
Tier III Service Technician Responsibilities
- Provide customer service and audio-visual equipment troubleshooting and problem resolution via phone, video, and email.
- Make service calls to client locations to troubleshoot and resolve audio-visual equipment problems.
- Possess working knowledge of Audio, Video, Video Conference and Control systems.
- Work independently, be self-directed, communicate effectively and make sound decisions to ensure customer satisfaction.
- Provide excellent customer service and build customer relationships.
- Answer client calls (audio and video) and emails, open & follow-up on Service trouble tickets, troubleshoot problems and take appropriate action to resolve.
- Work closely with Integration Service Manager & technicians to help remedy any service issues that arise in a professional manner.
- Provide additional training to clients as needed
- Provide feedback to Integration Service Manager to facilitate improvements to the installation process.
- Use solution oriented approach for all service issues. Solutions must be quickly determined and implemented. All solutions must include a combination of expediency, economics, and resourcefulness to fulfill SKC standards.
- Provide sales leads provided to Account Executive or Service Manager based on findings from service visits.
- Develop training materials & provide training to clients.
- Develop and provide internal training (to include vendor training) for SKC staff.
- Possess advanced Audio and Control systems knowledge.
- Provide direction to Tier 1 technicians, delegate tasks to other team members and possess advanced problem solving abilities.
- Provide direction to Tier 1 and Tier II Technicians.
- Possess mastery level knowledge of Audio & Control systems (to include code writing and changing).
- Provide remote (VPN) support of Integrated Room systems.
- Manage client escalations.
- Quote new products to existing rooms (adds/changes).
Ability to analyze customer situations, make decisions and solve problems under pressure. Ability to work with a high degree of accuracy and detail. Basic numeric skills. Ability to maintain positive working relationships with management, co-workers, clients and vendors. Ability to communicate effectively face-to-face, in groups, and via telephone and written communication. Ability to travel. Ability to sit for long periods of time entering computer data, researching leads, and telephone communication (up to eight (8) hours). Ability to be detail oriented, work without supervision and must be available during working hours.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by individuals assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, knowledge, skills and abilities required of individuals so classified. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties and responsibilities.
SKC Communication Products, LLC (SKC) is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to disability or protected veteran status, or other characteristics protected by law.