Avaya IPO Engineer
- Chicago, IL
SKC has an great opportunity to join our Avaya team as a IP Office Engineer. SKC offers a full suite of benefits, including medical & dental insurance, flex spending accounts, holiday & vacation leave, and company-matched retirement savings. Our employee programs are designed to encourage ongoing personal and professional growth. SKC enjoys low turnover, promotes from within and fosters a strong team atmosphere.
- Install and configuration of Avaya IP Office physical and VMware servers
- Installation of IP and SIP devices
- Position involves all phases of implementing telephony systems (including VOIP technology) with end user customers
- Responsibilities may include designing, training and troubleshooting
- The position interfaces with customers on a daily basis and requires a friendly, professional interpersonal approach
- After hours (nights and weekends) required
- Approximately 25% travel is required
- 3 to 5 years of experience deploying Avaya IP Office solutions, preferably in an external client facing capacity
- SIP experience preferred
- Experience with ASBCE and Portwell SBC is a plus
- Experience with LAN/WAN as related to VoIP infrastructure is required
- Working knowledge of Avaya PLDS, GRT and IP Office licensing
- Ability to work in a very high paced and dynamic environment.
- Ability to quickly adapt to changing need, infrastructure, and evolving business processes.
- Ability to work closely with the user community, interprets issues, understand requirements, and rapidly deploy solutions.
- Ability to work closely with cross-functional teams, including application development teams and functional leads.
- Position must remain 70% billable.
- Provide any other support to ensure SKC operates up to standards on a daily basis.
SKC Communication Products, LLC promotes from within and strives to recognize each associate’s individual talents. SKC believes that our associates are our company’s most valuable asset. Consequently, SKC enjoys low turnover, promotes from within and fosters a strong team atmosphere. SKC offers a business casual environment, and we encourage our employees to be creative and enjoy the time they spend at work.
College Degree preferred
1 to 2 years’ experience in Telecommunications networking and IP LAN/WAN
Excellent communication skills
Ability to analyze customer situations, make decisions and solve problems under pressure. Ability to work with a high degree of accuracy and detail. Basic numeric skills. Ability to maintain positive working relationships with management, co-workers, clients and vendors. Ability to communicate effectively face-to-face, in groups, and via telephone and written communication. Ability to travel. Ability to sit for long periods of time entering computer data, researching leads, and telephone communication (up to eight (8) hours). Ability to be detail oriented, work without supervision and must be available during working hours.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by individuals assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, knowledge, skills and abilities required of individuals so classified. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties and responsibilities.
SKC Communication Products, LLC (SKC) is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to disability or protected veteran status, or other characteristics protected by law.Apply Now