Avaya Project Manager
- Project Management
- Chicago, IL
SKC has a great opportunity to join our Avaya team as a Project Manager.
MAJOR RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
- Ability to effectively manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Responsible for the full lifecycle of voice project implementations including planning, execution, cost control and closure.
- Responsible for full understanding of the executed Statement of Work (SOW)
- Must be able to work within the backend SKC tools and databases for product ordering and project tracking
- Responsible for providing project status updates to SKC management and Senior Team/Ownership as well as any client resources upon request
- Must be able to effectively manage all aspects of the project including, but not limited to scope deliverables, client expectations, resource assignments, identifying and assigning project tasks and deliverables, project scheduling, change management, training schedules, project closure.
- Host project status calls with all applicable project resources as frequently as the project requires with clear and concise agendas to ensure time efficiencies
- Help and assist clients with all data collection necessary for a successful implementation using the SKC data collection tool (DCT)
- Maintain issues and risk logs with up to date and accurate information; Communicate effectively all open issues & risks; Resolve project issues and risks to keep the project on time for delivery
- Maintain and foster working quality relationships with vendors and 3rd party companies that are frequently a part of a voice implementation
- Strong verbal, written and organization skills are a must
- Ability to coordinate and deliver project change orders, equipment RMA’s, hardware replacements, etc
- Development and communication of a Cutover Plan (outage expected & impact to the business) specific to each individual project
- Must be available during actual project cut over timeframes established during project planning
- Registration of product and services in the Avaya registration database (currently GRT)
- While primary projects will be voice related, the ability to effectively manage and apply project management skills and philosophies to other business lines in the SKC portfolio to include Lync, A/V and Video
- Provide any other support to ensure SKC operates up to standards on a daily basis.
SKC Communication Products, LLC promotes from within and strives to recognize each associate’s individual talents. SKC believes that our associates are our company’s most valuable asset. Consequently, SKC enjoys low turnover, promotes from within and fosters a strong team atmosphere. SKC offers a business casual environment, and we encourage our employees to be creative and enjoy the time they spend at work.
College Degree preferred
Avaya certifications a plus
PMI or PMP preferred
3 to 5 years Project Management
1 to 2 years experience in Telecommunications networking and IP LAN/WAN
Excellent communication skills
Ability to analyze customer situations, make decisions and solve problems under pressure. Ability to work with a high degree of accuracy and detail. Basic numeric skills. Ability to maintain positive working relationships with management, co-workers, clients and vendors. Ability to communicate effectively face-to-face, in groups, and via telephone and written communication. Ability to travel. Ability to sit for long periods of time entering computer data, researching leads, and telephone communication (up to eight (8) hours). Ability to be detail oriented, work without supervision and must be available during working hours.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by individuals assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, knowledge, skills and abilities required of individuals so classified. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties and responsibilities.
SKC Communication Products, LLC (SKC) is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to disability or protected veteran status, or other characteristics protected by law.