- Project Management
- Chicago, IL
SKC Communications has a great opportunity to join our team as a Project Manager in Chicago. Preferred candidates have AV Integration and Project Management experience. Come join our award winning team.
Coordination & management of projects ranging in size & scope. Responsible for planning, coordination, risk management, profitability & customer satisfaction.
MAJOR RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
- Coordinate internal resources & third parties/vendors responsible for the effective execution of projects.
- Review & acquire a thorough understanding of all contract documentation, requirements & objectives.
- Facilitate both internal & external kick-off meetings with all key stakeholders.
- Assist in the definition of project scope & objectives, involving all relevant stakeholders.
- Develop a detailed project plan to monitor & track progress.
- Coordinate w/ scheduling team to ensure resource availability & allocation.
- Serve as focal point for all project communication providing regular reports of job progress to all relevant stakeholders.
- Manage changes to the project scope, project schedule & project costs using appropriate verification techniques.
- Measure project performance using all available tools.
- Report & escalate to management as necessary.
- Successfully manage the relationship with the client & all stakeholders.
- Perform risk management to minimize project issues.
- Establish & maintain relationships with third parties/vendors.
- Coordinate & maintain all project documentation.
- Coordinate turnover to service department upon project completion.
- Ensure that all projects are delivered on time, within scope & within budget.
Specific Knowledge, Experience & Training Required:
Typical Projects will be:
- Less than $1 million
- Up to 20 weeks total effort
- Install between 1-30 days in duration
- Medium to High level risk
- With complex programming
- Consistently demonstrates ability to aggressively manage jobs on time(within SKCs control), on scope, and on budget
- Ability to identify risks involved with projects and remove roadblocks before they become issues, develop a mitigation plan, and escalates appropriately
- Keep Supervisor and Executive Management team updated on high risk and/or high profit projects
- Proactively striving to improve processes, projects and department
- Serve as a role-model and mentor for fellow PM team.
- Demonstrate ability to successfully mediate between multiple parties
- Demonstrates applications of ‘lesson’s learned’ from past projects
- Demonstrate ability to properly set expectations and communicate milestones needed for client as well as construction team
- Demonstrate ability to effectively communicate to project team and client
- Can create and maintain a detailed project plan in MS Project
- Customer Surveys consistently average 4 or above
Training & Experience (must be completed prior to moving to this tier):
- Perform lead role on 5 projects with a minimum value of $150,000
- Avixa CTS General Certification
Ability to analyze customer situations, make decisions and solve problems under pressure. Ability to work with a high degree of accuracy and detail. Basic numeric skills. Ability to maintain positive working relationships with management, co-workers, clients and vendors. Ability to communicate effectively face-to-face, in groups, and via telephone and written communication. Ability to travel. Ability to sit for long periods of time entering computer data, researching leads, and telephone communication (up to eight (8) hours). Ability to be detail oriented, work without supervision and must be available during working hours.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by individuals assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, knowledge, skills and abilities required of individuals so classified. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties and responsibilities.
SKC Communication Products, LLC (SKC) is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to disability or protected veteran status, or other characteristics protected by law.Apply Now