- Shawnee, KS
The Finance team member will direct and support key users of Salesforce.com, Microsoft Dynamics SL, and other SKC databases. The focus of this role will be on design, execution, optimization, and maintenance of ever-changing functionality within systems, including administrative tasks, to utilize the SKC databases to fullest potential.
MAJOR RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
- Maintain confidentiality
- Spearhead the transition from Salesforce.com Classic to Salesforce.com Lightning Experience
- Act as a point of contact for questions from the users
- Responsible for understanding all aspects of Salesforce.com and Microsoft Dynamics SL and the importance of capturing and reporting correct data
- Monitor and train users as they utilize Salesforce.com to manage contacts, view and create reports, dashboards and other tools
- Set/manage goals regarding continually cleaning data in databases
- Shared responsibility for off-hours data clean up and maintenance tasks
- Assist in troubleshooting and monitoring functionality of Salesforce.com and Microsoft Dynamics SL
- Identify and implement increased use of Salesforce.com with some of our operational functions
- Ensure Salesforce.com is utilized consistently and properly by all internal users
- Provide company-wide training on Salesforce.com as required
- Maintain the functional areas of data management, sales forecasting, contacts, leads, campaigns, opportunities, quotes, dashboards, and reports
- Maintain user roles, security, profiles, workflow rules, etc.
- Utilize metrics to report progress throughout organization
- Become the SME (subject matter expert), for PSA, the SFDC add on for project management
- Assist with other reporting & monitoring functions on Finance team
- Provide any other support to ensure SKC operates up to standards on a daily basis.
SKC Communication Products, LLC promotes from within and strives to recognize each associate’s individual talents. SKC believes that our associates are our company’s most valuable asset. Consequently, SKC enjoys low turnover, promotes from within and fosters a strong team atmosphere. SKC offers a business casual environment, and we encourage our employees to be creative and enjoy the time they spend at work.
Special Physical Requirements
Office environment, using computer keyboard and office equipment
Some event and training travel may be required
High school diploma or GED
College degree preferred
Familiarity with Salesforce Lightning Experience
Intermediate Microsoft Office skills required with Outlook, Word and Excel
Basic understanding of web based applications
Excellent organizational skills
Strong logic skills
Self-starter and motivated
Excellent writing and grammar skills
Great communication skills
Dedicated and reliable
Ability to multi-task is critical
Ability to analyze customer situations, make decisions and solve problems under pressure. Ability to work with a high degree of accuracy and detail. Basic numeric skills. Ability to maintain positive working relationships with management, co-workers, clients and vendors. Ability to communicate effectively face-to-face, in groups, and via telephone and written communication. Ability to travel. Ability to sit for long periods of time entering computer data, researching leads, and telephone communication (up to eight (8) hours). Ability to be detail oriented, work without supervision and must be available during working hours.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by individuals assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, knowledge, skills and abilities required of individuals so classified. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties and responsibilities.
It is the policy of SKC Communication Products, LLC to hire and retain individuals based upon their relative merits, abilities, experience, ambition and availability to best serve the public interest without regard for factors such as race, color, gender, religion, creed, national origin, age, sex, marital status, sexual orientation, disability, political affiliation or belief in all employment decisions, including but not limited to recruitment, hiring, compensation, training and apprenticeship, promotion, upgrading, demotion, downgrading, transfer, lay-off and termination and all other terms and conditions of employment. All policies, practices and actions taken will conform to applicable State and Federal laws, and all employment processes will be in accordance with Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action guidelines and the Americans with Disabilities Act.