Video Technician – Tier I
- Video Technician
- Shawnee, KS
SKC has a great opportunity for to join our Video Support team. SKC has been named Ingram’s Fastest Growing Businesses for 18 years and is on the top 10 audiovisual integrator list. SKC offers a full suite of benefits, including medical & dental insurance, flex spending accounts, holiday & vacation leave, and company-matched retirement savings. Our employee programs are designed to encourage ongoing personal and professional growth. SKC enjoys low turnover, promotes from within and fosters a strong team atmosphere.
The preferred candidate will have the PCVE certification and be TANDBERG Certified Engineer Level 2. Experience with Crestron and AMX programming is important, as well as training on major brand audio visual systems and components, including BIAMP, Extron, Polycom Sound Structure is a plus.
MAJOR RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
Tier I Video Technician
- Provide Post-Sales Technical support for videoconferencing products
- Provide Post-Sales technical support for integration clients
- Document customer interactions
- Assist with video & audio conferences for conferencing services clients
- Work within the CRM parameters to track open issues.
- Troubleshoot networks including but not limited to ISDN, T-1 and IP WANs.
- Demonstrate all SKC approved products for clients and SKC staff as needed.
- Upgrade software on existing inventory and installed videoconferencing/ streaming related equipment.
- Install videoconferencing/streaming units on-site or via telephone.
- Train end users on features of videoconferencing/streaming products.
- Travel when needed to assist in completion of installation projects.
- Proactively research products and gain understanding of how SKC supported products function
- While performing business related travel duties of this job, the employee is required to have the ability to rent a car.
- Must possess a valid driver’s license.
- Provide any other support to ensure SKC operates up to standards on a daily basis.
Tier II—in addition to Tier I responsibilities…
- This individual must have a minimum previous experience of two years in the service and installation of video endpoints, infrastructure products and streaming products.
- This individual must have the minimum certification level of Certified Video Engineer (PCVE) and TANDBERG Certified Engineer Level 2 (or equivalent).
- Develop training materials & provide training to clients.
- Develop and provide internal training (to include vendor training) for SKC staff.
SKC Communication Products, LLC promotes from within and strives to recognize each associate’s individual talents. SKC believes that our associates are our company’s most valuable asset. Consequently, SKC enjoys low turnover, promotes from within and fosters a strong team atmosphere. SKC offers a business casual environment, and we encourage our employees to be creative and enjoy the time they spend at work.
Special Physical Requirements
Capable of lifting to shoulder height 50-70 lbs.
College/Technical degree preferred
Tier 1 0-2 years
Tier 2 2+ years
Tier 3 5+ years in Field Related Work
- Great communication skills
- Excellent organizational skills
- IT help desk experience
Ability to analyze customer situations, make decisions and solve problems under pressure. Ability to work with a high degree of accuracy and detail. Basic numeric skills. Ability to maintain positive working relationships with management, co-workers, clients and vendors. Ability to communicate effectively face-to-face, in groups, and via telephone and written communication. Ability to travel. Ability to sit for long periods of time entering computer data, researching leads, and telephone communication (up to eight (8) hours). Ability to be detail oriented, work without supervision and must be available during working hours.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by individuals assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, knowledge, skills and abilities required of individuals so classified. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties and responsibilities.
SKC Communication Products, LLC (SKC) is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to disability or protected veteran status, or other characteristics protected by law.Apply Now