SKC’s Green Initiative
SKC recognizes the importance of preserving the environment for future generations. That is why we have put sustainable practices into place and why we partner with manufacturers who have our same objective: protect our natural resources and make a positive impact on the environment. With this in mind, we have implemented the following in-house standards and practices that will improve our environmental performance.
- SKC has in place a recycling program for all office paper, cardboard and aluminum cans.
- We have implemented electronic ordering processes for many of our clients, eliminating wasteful paper consumption.
- SKC sells videoconferencing, and other technologies for business collaboration, that is inherently “green” because it reduces the need for travel.
The products and technology solutions of our manufacturers intrinsically help the environment. By providing effective
communication solutions, their products lessen the need for travel – one of the biggest sources of carbon emissions. Below are a few of our manufacturer’s environmental efforts:
- Plantronics’ manufacturing and design center in Suzhou, China has earned the Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design (LEED) gold certification for environmental sustainability. The manufacturing facility is the only one in all of China to have achieved LEED certification.
- Avaya maintains that from product life cycle management to recycling and more, their programs reflect thier support for the highest standards of environmental protection and compliance.
- Polycom products are compatible with renewable energy from diverse sources and are PoHS and WEEE compliant. Going Green with Polycom is a three-step program offered through authorized Polycom channel partners that provides companies with Video Readiness, Green Rollout Planning and Implementation, and Tracking and Measurement programs. The program utilizes a comprehensive methodology to help organizations reduce their carbon emissions through increased usage of video applications as an alternative to travel.