- Shawnee, KS
Work hours: between the hours of 7:30 and 5 (extended hours at month end)
Employment Status: Exempt
Location: Shawnee, KS
MAJOR RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
- Manage AP team
- Cross train on all AP functions
- Leader in AP process improvement across the department – automate tasks, e-payments, auto entry of invoices, test APIs with vendors, etc
- Company credit card backup and administrator of all accounts
- Posting backup – daily posting
- Month end closing – posting on a rotating basis
- Lead for answering AP questions
- Weekly check run – approve checks
- Expected credits
- AP report review / working with team to make sure everything is current – drop ship invoicing, received but not invoiced, unreconciled checks
- Statement review and resolve discrepancies
- High level excel skills – build macros
- Improve large billing coding process
- Spear head updating AP functions – e-payments, auto entry of invoices, etc.
- Point of Sale (POS) reporting
- Calculation of SPARs/EPRs (pricing rebates received from vendors)
- Update AP tasks and documentation of all AP tasks
- Provide any other support to ensure SKC operates up to standards on a daily basis.
SKC Communication Products, LLC promotes from within and strives to recognize each associate’s individual talents. SKC believes that our associates are our company’s most valuable asset. Consequently, SKC enjoys low turnover, promotes from within and fosters a strong team atmosphere. SKC offers a business casual environment, and we encourage our employees to be creative and enjoy the time they spend at work.
Travel – none
Bachelors degree preferred
High level excel skills (must be able to build and edit macros)
Accounts Payable experience
Ability to analyze customer situations, make decisions and solve problems under pressure. Ability to work with a high degree of accuracy and detail. Basic numeric skills. Ability to maintain positive working relationships with management, co-workers, clients and vendors. Ability to communicate effectively face-to-face, in groups, and via telephone and written communication. Ability to travel. Ability to sit for long periods of time entering computer data, researching leads, and telephone communication (up to eight (8) hours). Ability to be detail oriented, work without supervision and must be available during working hours.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by individuals assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, knowledge, skills and abilities required of individuals so classified. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties and responsibilities.
It is the policy of SKC Communication Products, LLC to hire and retain individuals based upon their relative merits, abilities, experience, ambition and availability to best serve the public interest without regard for factors such as race, color, gender, religion, creed, national origin, age, sex, marital status, sexual orientation, disability, political affiliation or belief in all employment decisions, including but not limited to recruitment, hiring, compensation, training and apprenticeship, promotion, upgrading, demotion, downgrading, transfer, lay-off and termination and all other terms and conditions of employment. All policies, practices and actions taken will conform to applicable State and Federal laws, and all employment processes will be in accordance with Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action guidelines and the Americans with Disabilities Act.Apply Now