- Shawnee, KS
SKC is growing and has a great opportunity to join our finance team at our headquarters office in Shawnee, KS as AP Manager. SKC offers a full suite of benefits, including medical & dental insurance, flex spending accounts, holiday & vacation leave, and company-matched retirement savings. Our employee programs are designed to encourage ongoing personal and professional growth. SKC enjoys low turnover, promotes from within and fosters a strong team atmosphere.
Work hours: between the hours of 7:30 and 5 (extended hours at month end)
Employment Status: Exempt
Location: Shawnee, KS
MAJOR RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
- Manage Accounts Payable team
- Cross train on all Accounts Payable functions
- Point of escalation for Accounts Payable questions
- Lead process improvement across the department
- Company credit card backup and administrator for all accounts
- Backup for daily posting
- Month end closing of accounting system on rotating basis, includes working extended hours
- Weekly check run approval
- Accounts Payable report review and provide direction to team to address issues
- Vendor statement review and resolve discrepancies
- Update Accounts Payable processes for electronic payments, invoice management, large bill coding, and automation of invoice entry
- Point of sale reporting to vendors
- Calculation of back end pricing rebates
- Update Accounts Payable documentation
- Provide any other support to ensure SKC operates up to standards daily
SKC Communication Products, LLC promotes from within and strives to recognize each associate’s individual talents. SKC believes that our associates are our company’s most valuable asset. Consequently, SKC enjoys low turnover, promotes from within and fosters a strong team atmosphere. SKC offers a business casual environment, and we encourage our employees to be creative and enjoy the time they spend at work.
Travel – none
Bachelor’s degree preferred
High level Excel skills, including knowledge of macros
Accounts Payable experience
Ability to analyze customer situations, make decisions and solve problems under pressure. Ability to work with a high degree of accuracy and detail. Basic numeric skills. Ability to maintain positive working relationships with management, co-workers, clients and vendors. Ability to communicate effectively face-to-face, in groups, and via telephone and written communication. Ability to travel. Ability to sit for long periods of time entering computer data, researching leads, and telephone communication (up to eight (8) hours). Ability to be detail oriented, work without supervision and must be available during working hours.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by individuals assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, knowledge, skills and abilities required of individuals so classified. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties and responsibilities.