- AV Programmer
- Dallas, TX
SKC Communications has a great opportunity to join our Programming team. SKC is on the top 15 list of audiovisual integrators and has been named Ingram’s Fastest Growing Businesses for 18 years. SKC offers a full suite of benefits, including medical & dental insurance, flex spending accounts, holiday & vacation leave, and company-matched retirement savings. Our employee programs are designed to encourage ongoing personal and professional growth. SKC enjoys low turnover, promotes from within and fosters a strong team atmosphere.
An AV Programming position at SKC requires an immense amount of technical ability. All programmers are required to be able to work with multiple programming platforms, customer verticals, and meet programming needs ranging from internal development to system commissioning. An AV Programmer will be expected to not only effectively program in one or more of the programming platforms but also provide technical information and assistance to field personnel.
MAJOR RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
• Design & development of custom graphic user interfaces on control system touch panels.
• Research design schemes for touch panel templates and ease-of-use functionality while adhering to, or developing from recent industry and web development standards.
• Development of AV integration project programs for Crestron, AMX or Extron.
• Comprehension of engineering drawings & scope of work documentation to ensure control programs function in accordance with client requirements.
• Acquire programming information necessary for new and frequently used equipment implemented in an integrated environment.
• Proficient and efficient programming of control systems and touch panels per SKC programming standards.
• Can assist with developing future standards.
• Create programming modules and maintain to increase functionality of the integrated environment.
• Share programs and modules (snippets) in GitLab using SourceTree, or their preferred git interface.
• Assist with in-house and onsite program commissioning and troubleshooting and provide any other support to Integration Team members.
• Assist Project Manager in creating programming user guides for client upon project completion.
• Assigned tasks relating to project work are maintained in an organized manner and are regularly completed within the budgeted time.
• Assist with client and/or Field Technician in resolving service issues.
• Provide feedback to facilitate improvements to the programming process.
• Provide any other support to ensure SKC operates up to industry standards on a daily basis.
• Must be able to write programs and interface with DSP’s (Polycom SS, Biamp Tesira). It is expected that the programmer will use internal resources to effectively complete these tasks.
• ~15% Travel should be expected. This is project specific, and includes travel for training.
Specific Knowledge, Experience & Training Required:
Typical AV Projects will be:
• Less than $1 million
• Up to 20 weeks total effort
• Medium to high level risk
• Understands and can include monitoring services applicable to the platform (GVE, Fusion, RMS, EA)
• Ability to keep track, program, and support multiple projects in progress
• Demonstrate ability to:
o Document and share equipment and system quirks with team.
o Properly set and manage internal and external customer expectations.
o Effectively communicate to project team.
o Communicate early and often on the status of their projects and if there are reasons to move completion dates.
o See patterns and create programs more efficiently as a result of similarities between systems.
o Program DSP’s for control and basic gain structure.
o Interface with IT personnel on the topics of Network architecture as well as VoIP/Video registrations.
o To make effective use of test equipment, documentation, and pre-existing code so as to minimize commissioning time and punch lists.
o Share programs and modules (snippets) in GitLab using SourceTree, or their preferred method.
• Provide direction to Junior (and Senior) programmers on ways to increase effectiveness in this platform.
• Must have experience in one or more remote monitoring services: (GVE, Fusion, RMS, EA)
Training & Experience:
• Meet the requirements of two or more of the following internal positions:
o AMX Programmer 2
o Crestron Programmer 2
o Extron Programmer 2
• And One or more of the following:
o AMX Programmer 1
o Crestron Programmer 1
o Extron Programmer 1
• Two or more of the following:
o Biamp TesiraForte Training
o QSC Level 1
o QSC Level 2
o Biamp Tesira Training
o Biamp VoIP Training
• InfoComm Networking Technology Course (Instructor Led) or CCENT, CCNA, Network+, or demonstrated ability.
Ability to analyze customer situations, make decisions and solve problems under pressure. Ability to work with a high degree of accuracy and detail. Basic numeric skills. Ability to maintain positive working relationships with management, co-workers, clients and vendors. Ability to communicate effectively face-to-face, in groups, and via telephone and written communication. Ability to travel. Ability to sit for long periods of time entering computer data, researching leads, and telephone communication (up to eight (8) hours). Ability to be detail oriented, work without supervision and must be available during working hours.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by individuals assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, knowledge, skills and abilities required of individuals so classified. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties and responsibilities.Apply Now