AV Senior Project Manager
- Project Management
- Chicago, IL
At this level, work involves managing large-sized projects with little or no supervision. These projects are characterized as having stakeholders with diverse and conflicting needs; possessing high project visibility and risk; requiring complex reporting and communication at the management and executive levels both internal and external. Projects managed at this level represent a significant capital investment.
MAJOR RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
- Proactively provide support on AV projects.
- Any $ amount, can comfortably manage projects over $1 million
- Install for any duration
- High level risk
- Complex programming
- Has demonstrated ability to aggressively manage jobs on time (within SKCs control), on scope on budget
- Ability to identify risks involved with AV projects and remove roadblocks before they become issues, develop a mitigation plan, and escalates appropriately
- Keep Supervisor and Executive Management team updated on high risk and/or high profit projects
- Proactively striving to improve processes, projects and department
- Serve as a role-model and mentor for fellow PM team.
- Demonstrate ability to successfully mediate between multiple parties
- Demonstrates application of ‘lesson’s learned’ from past projects
- Demonstrate ability to effectively communicate to project team and client
- Demonstrate ability to properly set expectations and communicate milestones needed for client as well as construction team
- Create and maintain a detailed project plan in MS Project for multiple rooms/locations
- Customer Surveys average 4 or above consistently
SKC Communication Products, LLC promotes from within and strives to recognize each associate’s individual talents. SKC believes that our associates are our company’s most valuable asset. Consequently, SKC enjoys low turnover, promotes from within and fosters a strong team atmosphere. SKC offers a business casual environment, and we encourage our employees to be creative and enjoy the time they spend at work.
College degree or Project Management Certification
3+ Years A/V experience
5+ Years Construction experience
PMP Certification Recommended
- Great communication skills
- Excellent organizational skills
Microsoft Office Experience
Ability to analyze customer situations, make decisions and solve problems under pressure. Ability to work with a high degree of accuracy and detail. Basic numeric skills. Ability to maintain positive working relationships with management, co-workers, clients and vendors. Ability to communicate effectively face-to-face, in groups, and via telephone and written communication. Ability to travel. Ability to sit for long periods of time entering computer data, researching leads, and telephone communication (up to eight (8) hours). Ability to be detail oriented, work without supervision and must be available during working hours.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by individuals assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, knowledge, skills and abilities required of individuals so classified. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties and responsibilities.