AV Service Onsite Technician – Tier 3
- AV Service
- Omaha, NE
Title: AV Service Technician Onsite
Work hours: The Technician will be expected to be onsite 45 hours a week. The work hours are Monday through Friday, 8:00 am to 6:00 pm Central time with a one hour break period and two 15 minute break periods.
Employment Status: Non Exempt
Location: Omaha, NE
General Summary: Provide 1st and 2nd level support to Customer’s environment for internal team members in person, via phone, email, and instant message in support of the video conferencing and audio/visual environment. Will also provide Level 1 and 2 support as triage for AV environment and escalate any issues to SKC Headquarters’ Support Team as deemed necessary. SKC technician may also assist in smaller onsite installations as required and approved by SKC and Customer Support Lead.
MAJOR RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
- Provide on-site support of the A/V Equipment purchased and supported at Customer’s.
- Respond to assigned “Help Desk” tickets for A/V support, troubleshooting, or installation
- Provide expert assistance for Customer’s associates in the use of A/V equipment installed and located in the conference rooms or A/V rooms of Customer
- Provide training and job aids as required to help Customer and its associates maximize use of equipment
- Provide video bridging call launch support and monitoring utilizing various software/hardware tools
- Work with various enterprise video conferencing systems providers
- Provide expert level assistance for evaluation, recommendation, and implementation of new audio visual hardware and software applications.
- Assist with the evaluation of A/V technology that will further the vision of Customer or improve operations
- Assist with the preparation of quotes, A/V solutions and other request for improvements or enhancements as required by Customer’s associates
- Provide research and responses for Customer associate recommended hardware and software
- Track and manage inventory of all audio visual hardware and software assets as defined below.
- Video Conferencing equipment
- Cable/Satellite equipment
- Polycom conference phones
- Cabling, accessories, and other equipment needed in providing AV Support to the conference rooms, presentation rooms, training rooms, auditoriums and other equipment rooms containing AV equipment
- Overhead projectors, and spare parts (bulbs)
- Video and A/V related Equipment mounted in Conference Rooms
- Electronic white boards and digital signage
- Provide reporting as required by Customer.
- Provide a weekly status report as defined by Customer
- Create and maintain a monthly inventory report
- Complete “Service Desk” tickets timely
- Create and maintain a monthly maintenance check list
- Create and maintain an Internal Project list with status included
- Project Oversight:
- Monitor quality control standards that will ensure that specifications for hardware and software have been met
- Monitor labor and material being installed
- Provide punch list on A/V installation per contract
- Follow up on training and documentation for new equipment
- Provide small onsite AV installations:
- Work with SKC Team Lead for SKC design/install projects based on specific SOW projects upon approval from Customer Support Lead
- Perform smaller installs under direction of Customer Support Lead
- Provide commissioning, testing and end user training as applicable
- Perform final steps as deemed necessary by Customer Support Lead for installation completion internal processes
SKC Communication Products, LLC promotes from within and strives to recognize each associate’s individual talents. SKC believes that our associates are our company’s most valuable asset. Consequently, SKC enjoys low turnover, promotes from within and fosters a strong team atmosphere. SKC offers a business casual environment, and we encourage our employees to be creative and enjoy the time they spend at work.
Special Physical Requirements
Note: Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
The employee must be able to regularly lift 25 pounds and occasionally lift 75 pounds. Specific vision acuity requirements include close vision, depth perception, and color recognition. This person will frequently be required to be on step ladders up to 12’ and extension ladders to 26’. Occasional use of a man-lift up to 40’ will also be required.
College/Technical Degree Preferred
- 3+ Years servicing audiovisual equipment
- Experience with Extron and Biamp.
- Good trouble shooting skills set for audio, video and control systems
- Knowledge of industry standard software for DSP setup and switcher set up
- Self sufficient and self motivated
Crestron: Crestron 101, Toolbox, and/or DMC-E-4K
Ability to analyze customer situations, make decisions and solve problems under pressure. Ability to work with a high degree of accuracy and detail. Basic numeric skills. Ability to maintain positive working relationships with management, co-workers, clients and vendors. Ability to communicate effectively face-to-face, in groups, and via telephone and written communication. Ability to travel. Ability to sit for long periods of time entering computer data, researching leads, and telephone communication (up to eight (8) hours). Ability to be detail oriented, work without supervision and must be available during working hours.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by individuals assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, knowledge, skills and abilities required of individuals so classified. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties and responsibilities.
SKC Communication Products, LLC (SKC) is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to disability or protected veteran status, or other characteristics protected by law.Apply Now