AV Service Onsite Technician
- AV Service
- Tahlequah, OK
SKC Communications is looking for an onsite service technician in Tahlequah, Oklahoma. If you love supporting audiovisual equipment and helping customers this is the perfect opportunity for you. Ideal candidates will have 2+ years of AV including experience with Crestron, Polycom, Biamp and QSC.
SKC is on the top 10 list of audiovisual integrators and has been named Ingram’s Fastest Growing Businesses for 18 years. SKC offers a full suite of benefits, including medical & dental insurance, flex spending accounts, holiday & vacation leave, and company-matched retirement savings. Our employee programs are designed to encourage ongoing personal and professional growth. SKC enjoys low turnover, promotes from within and fosters a strong team atmosphere.
Work hours: between the hours of 7:30 am and 6 pm (some overtime as needed)
Employment Status: Non-Exempt
Location: Tahlequah, OK
MAJOR RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
- Pull cable and troubleshoot cable issues.
- Provide customer service and audio-visual equipment troubleshooting and problem resolution via phone or onsite.
- Possess working knowledge of Audio, Video, Video Conference and Control systems.
- Work independently, be self-directed, communicate effectively and make sound decisions to ensure customer satisfaction.
- Provide excellent customer service and build customer relationships.
- Use solution oriented approach for all service issues. Solutions must be quickly determined and implemented. All solutions must include a combination of expediency, economics, and resourcefulness to fulfill SKC standards.
- Provide any other support to ensure SKC operates up to standards on a daily basis.
SKC Communication Products, LLC promotes from within and strives to recognize each associate’s individual talents. SKC believes that our associates are our company’s most valuable asset. Consequently, SKC enjoys low turnover, promotes from within and fosters a strong team atmosphere. SKC offers a business casual environment, and we encourage our employees to be creative and enjoy the time they spend at work.
Special Physical Requirements
Note: Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
The employee must be able to regularly lift 25 pounds and occasionally lift 75 pounds. Specific vision acuity requirements include close vision, depth perception, and color recognition. This person will frequently be required to be on step ladders up to 12’ and extension ladders to 26’. Occasional use of a man-lift up to 40’ will also be required.
College/Technical Degree Preferred
- 3+ Years servicing audiovisual equipment
- Good trouble shooting skills set for audio, video and control systems
- Experience with Crestron, Polycom, QSC and Biamp
- Self-sufficient and self-motivated
Crestron 101, Toolbox, and/or DMC-E-4K
Ability to analyze customer situations, make decisions and solve problems under pressure. Ability to work with a high degree of accuracy and detail. Basic numeric skills. Ability to maintain positive working relationships with management, co-workers, clients and vendors. Ability to communicate effectively face-to-face, in groups, and via telephone and written communication. Ability to travel. Ability to sit for long periods of time entering computer data, researching leads, and telephone communication (up to eight (8) hours). Ability to be detail oriented, work without supervision and must be available during working hours.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by individuals assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, knowledge, skills and abilities required of individuals so classified. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties and responsibilities.