AV Video Onsite Technician
- Video Technician
- Columbus, OH
SKC is looking for a professional individual with excellent customer service skills to be an onsite infrastructure technician at one of our customer locations. Ideal candidates will be Tier 2 or Tier 3 level and have experience working with Polycom and/or Cisco video systems. This position is located in Columbus, Ohio.
To support customer onsite with their video infrastructure needs.
MAJOR RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
- Demonstrate how to make and connect to video calls to end users; SIP and h.323 dialing
- Escalate issues to and open tickets with manufacturers as necessary
- Conduct test calls to isolate issues
- Basic installation and configuration of endpoints
- Process RMAs
- Triage issues according to scope of impact to end users
- General knowledge of AV peripherals in an integrated space
- General knowledge of cabling and connection types (Cat 5/5e/6/6a/7, HDMI, HDCI, USB, Walta, etc)
- Ability to navigate vendor support sites for documentation
- Perform endpoint firmware updates
- Ability to use command prompt for basic network troubleshooting (ping, ipconfig, nslookup, traceroute)
- Provide any other support to ensure SKC operates up to standards on a daily basis.
Tier 2 – In addition to Tier 1 Requirements:
- Use of network troubleshooting tools such as Wireshark, Putty, Winscp
- Assess and review logs and traces
- Knowledge of Cloud bridging topology and admin portal (if applicable)
- Knowledge of Microsoft Teams and requirements to join Teams meeting via standards based video systems
- Infrastructure installation, configuration, and troubleshooting
- Research and perform infrastructure firmware updates
- Advanced end user and admin training Knowledge of which devices are tied to Active Directory for administration or SSO
Tier 3 – In addition to Tier 1 and Tier 2 Requirements:
- Extensive knowledge of network routing and VPN solutions
- Extensive knowledge of Active Directory and how Video equipment would use for authentication
- Ability to add/maintain user accounts and rooms/devices via Cloud administration portal
- Ability to activate new licensing within Cloud administration portal
- Thorough understanding of server specifications for deploying video infrastructure
- Ability to make best practice recommendations for new solutions specific to customers’ video environments
SKC Communication Products, LLC promotes from within and strives to recognize each associate’s individual talents. SKC believes that our associates are our company’s most valuable asset. Consequently, SKC enjoys low turnover, promotes from within and fosters a strong team atmosphere. SKC offers a business casual environment, and we encourage our employees to be creative and enjoy the time they spend at work.
Travel – n/a
College or technical degree preferred
- 3+ Years servicing audiovisual and videoconferencing equipment
- Good trouble shooting skills set for audio, video and control systems
- Excellent customer service skills
- Self sufficient and self motivated
Ability to analyze customer situations, make decisions and solve problems under pressure. Ability to work with a high degree of accuracy and detail. Basic numeric skills. Ability to maintain positive working relationships with management, co-workers, clients and vendors. Ability to communicate effectively face-to-face, in groups, and via telephone and written communication. Ability to travel. Ability to sit for long periods of time entering computer data, researching leads, and telephone communication (up to eight (8) hours). Ability to be detail oriented, work without supervision and must be available during working hours.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by individuals assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, knowledge, skills and abilities required of individuals so classified. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties and responsibilities.