Bid Desk Engineer
- AV Integration
- Chicago, IL
SKC Communications has a great opportunity to join our team as a Bid Desk Estimator. SKC is on the top 11 list of audiovisual integrators and has been named Ingram’s Fastest Growing Businesses for 18 years. SKC offers a full suite of benefits, including medical & dental insurance, flex spending accounts, holiday & vacation leave, and company-matched retirement savings. Our employee programs are designed to encourage ongoing personal and professional growth. SKC enjoys low turnover, promotes from within and fosters a strong team atmosphere.
MAJOR RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
- Provide any other support to ensure SKC operates up to standards on a daily basis.
- Responds to Request for Proposal (RFP) Request for Quote (RFQ), bid inquiries and other such information requests received from customers
- Develops Statements of Work (SOW) and pricing models to provide quotes for installations varying in size, complexity and project duration, design applications, support services and other related hardware and other contractual agreements
- May make subsequent changes to bids or proposals as requested by internal and external stakeholders
- May also perform other duties as assigned
- Targets VE each RFP response
- Has breadth of knowledge enabling high level of contribution to multiple tasks
- Work is performed under minimal guidance and assigned in the form of desired expectations
- Independent judgment is used to determine best approach and creativity is expected to achieve maximum results and handle new situations
- Exchanges information with other departments or external contacts
- May coordinate own work with that of other work groups
- Will likely field requests from senior management, others in the organization and external contacts
- Coordinate total estimating effort relevant to a particular bid/project as assigned
- Review proposal specifications, drawings, attend pre-bid meetings, etc. to determine scope of work and required contents of estimate
- Assist in preparation of bid schedules of projects being estimated
- Work with AE and manufacturers to secure best possible pricing on product
- Consult with leadership on various problems discovered during bid preparation, and prepare RFI’s to resolve questions or issues prior to bid
- Obtain knowledge of project and appropriate regulations required to construct the project to meet DBE requirements
- Upon estimate completion and award of contract, conduct debriefing with the operations team to discuss positive and negative aspects of the project
- Maintain files of working documents as back-up for estimate figures, including current/accurate information on prices from suppliers and subcontractors
SKC Communication Products, LLC promotes from within and strives to recognize each associate’s individual talents. SKC believes that our associates are our company’s most valuable asset. Consequently, SKC enjoys low turnover, promotes from within and fosters a strong team atmosphere. SKC offers a casual environment, and we encourage our employees to be creative and enjoy the time they spend at work.
- High School Diploma or equivalent required
- College Degree preferred
- 1-3+ years of experience in the AV technology industry
- Familiarity with professional services and making quotes
Ability to analyze customer situations, make decisions and solve problems under pressure. Ability to work with a high degree of accuracy and detail. Basic numeric skills. Ability to maintain positive working relationships with management, co-workers, clients and vendors. Ability to communicate effectively face-to-face, in groups, and via telephone and written communication. Ability to travel. Ability to sit for long periods of time entering computer data, researching leads, and telephone communication (up to eight (8) hours). Ability to be detail oriented, work without supervision and must be available during working hours.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by individuals assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, knowledge, skills and abilities required of individuals so classified. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties and responsibilities.
SKC Communication Products, LLC (SKC) is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to disability or protected veteran status, or other characteristics protected by law.Apply Now