Bid Desk Specialist
- AV Technician
- Shawnee, KS
SKC has an opening for Bid Desk Specialist at our Shawnee location. SKC is on the top 10 list of audiovisual integrators and has been named Ingram’s Fastest Growing Businesses for 18 years. SKC offers a full suite of benefits, including medical & dental insurance, flex spending accounts, holiday & vacation leave, and company-matched retirement savings. Our employee programs are designed to encourage ongoing personal and professional growth. SKC enjoys low turnover, promotes from within and fosters a strong team atmosphere. Bid Desk Specialist duties consist of receiving and providing administrative support for the Bid Desk Department.
MAJOR RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
- Initial review of all RFP Opportunities submitted through Salesforce
- Determining if the RFP meets SKC RFP Response Criteria Checklist
- Developing a list of specific deliverables necessary to complete the RFP response and obtaining the necessary information
- Wrapping the final RFP Bid Response and delivering to the appropriate recipients by the due date set forth in the RFP document
- Receiving bid request information, plans and specifications primarily via e-mail. Requests will be received as attachments or links to contractor ftp websites, contractor bid websites such as Bid Tracer, Dropbox or plan storage websites such as Arizona Construction Reports or Dodge
- Printing plans and specifications, and entering job information into multiple databases.
- Light estimating as required
- Working with Scheduling to help determine if the installation due dates list in the RFP are feasible
- Provide any other support to ensure SKC operates up to standards on a daily basis.
- Responds to Request for Proposal (RFP) Request for Quote (RFQ), bid inquiries and other such information requests received from customers
- Hosts and participates in conference calls or on premise meetings with the customer/end user to support discussions re Bid Response and service offerings
- May make subsequent changes to bids or proposals as requested by internal and external stakeholders
- May also perform other duties as assigned
- Helps AE’s target special pricing for each RFP response
- Extensive knowledge of the organization, job content, practices and procedures
- Has breadth of knowledge enabling high level of contribution to multiple tasks
- Works on complex problems that require significant judgment and initiative
- Work is performed under minimal guidance and assigned in the form of desired expectations
- Independent judgment is used to determine best approach and creativity is expected to achieve maximum results and handle new situations
- Exchanges information with other departments or external contacts
- May coordinate own work with that of other work groups
- Will likely field requests from senior management, others in the organization and external contacts
- Review proposal specifications, attend pre-bid meetings, etc. to determine scope of work and required contents and success criteria
- Assist in preparation of bid schedules of projects being estimated
- Consult with leadership on various problems discovered during bid preparation
- Review list of work to be performed by subcontractors. Develop relationships with subcontractors
- Maintain files of working documents as back-up for estimate figures, including current/accurate information on prices from suppliers and subcontractors, past RFP submittals and all relevant documents necessary to support Bid Desk efforts
- Maintain a clean and manageable repository for all Bid Desk material and documents
SKC Communication Products, LLC promotes from within and strives to recognize each associate’s individual talents. SKC believes that our associates are our company’s most valuable asset. Consequently, SKC enjoys low turnover, promotes from within and fosters a strong team atmosphere. SKC offers a casual environment, and we encourage our employees to be creative and enjoy the time they spend at work.
- High School Diploma or equivalent required
- College Degree preferred
- 3-5+ years of experience in the AV technology industry
- Familiarity with professional services and making quotes
Ability to analyze customer situations, make decisions and solve problems under pressure. Ability to work with a high degree of accuracy and detail. Basic numeric skills. Ability to maintain positive working relationships with management, co-workers, clients and vendors. Ability to communicate effectively face-to-face, in groups, and via telephone and written communication. Ability to travel. Ability to sit for long periods of time entering computer data, researching leads, and telephone communication (up to eight (8) hours). Ability to be detail oriented, work without supervision and must be available during working hours.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by individuals assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, knowledge, skills and abilities required of individuals so classified. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties and responsibilities.