AV Project Engineer
- Project Engineer
- Charlotte, NC
SKC Communications has a great opportunity for an experienced Project Engineer to join our Northeast team in Charlotte, NC
The preferred candidate will have great technical experience, ability to lead installation and technical client training for complex, high priority projects, with a minimum of 8 years audiovisual experience. Experience with Crestron and AMX programming is important, as well as training on major brand audio visual systems and components, including Crestron: Crestron 101, Toolbox, & DMC-E-4K, BIAMP (Forte’ & Tesira), Extron, Polycom Sound Structure is a plus.
- College/Technical degree
- 8 Years AV Experience
- Crestron 101, Toolbox and DMC-E-4K
MAJOR RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
- Owns post PO engineering and design review of assigned projects.
- Available to perform site surveys and attend construction meetings on both complex and large projects.
- Work with CAD to ensure accuracy of regionally assigned projects.
- Work with Design Engineers & Project Management when challenging and/or making design modifications.
- Participate in Pre-Install meeting as the engineer in charge.
- Lead commissioning efforts for high profile, complex and/or consultant ran projects which require advanced closeout practices.
- Ability to lead technical client system trainings.
- Senior installation lead for complex, high priority, and/or large projects.
- Serve as overall technical expert for projects in which have been assigned.
- Proactively anticipate issues and risks and mitigate those, working closely with the Project Manager and Design Engineer; ensure Project Manager is kept apprised of status; complete testing is done prior to project completion; ensure all documentation is turned in on-time.
- Field Operations engineering liaison
- Responsible for documenting all field related items (product feedback, best practices, field issues, etc.).
- Present all items in an organized manner to the engineering team and prepare for higher level discussions.
- Present engineering feedback, product notifications, and best practices information Engineering Manager.
- Escalation point person for onsite EQ issues.
- Serve as overall role model and mentor for all field personnel.
SKC Communication Products, LLC promotes from within and strives to recognize each associate’s individual talents. SKC believes that our associates are our company’s most valuable asset. Consequently, SKC enjoys low turnover, promotes from within and fosters a strong team atmosphere. SKC offers a business casual environment, and we encourage our employees to be creative and enjoy the time they spend at work.
The work environment characteristics may involve dust and decibel levels over 90DB. Equipment will be provided for the safety of the employee at all times.
Special Physical Requirements
Note: Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
The employee must be able to regularly lift 25 pounds and occasionally lift 75 pounds. Specific vision acuity requirements include close vision, depth perception, and color recognition. This person will frequently be required to be on step ladders up to 12’ and extension ladders to 26’. Occasional use of a man-lift up to 40’ will also be required.
College/Technical degree preferred
Level III 8+ years (As Level III Technician)
Crestron: Crestron 101, Toolbox, & DMC-E-4K
BIAMP (Forte’ & Tesira)
Polycom Sound Structure
Ability to analyze customer situations, make decisions and solve problems under pressure. Ability to work with a high degree of accuracy and detail. Basic numeric skills. Ability to maintain positive working relationships with management, co-workers, clients and vendors. Ability to communicate effectively face-to-face, in groups, and via telephone and written communication. Ability to travel. Ability to sit for long periods of time entering computer data, researching leads, and telephone communication (up to eight (8) hours). Ability to be detail oriented, work without supervision and must be available during working hours.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by individuals assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, knowledge, skills and abilities required of individuals so classified. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties and responsibilities.