AV Service Technician – Tier 2
- AV Service
- Chicago, IL
SKC Communications is growing and has a great opportunity to join our AV Service team in the Chicago area. SKC is on the top 11 list of audiovisual integrators and has been named Ingram’s Fastest Growing Businesses for 18 years. SKC offers a full suite of benefits, including medical & dental insurance, flex spending accounts, holiday & vacation leave, and company-matched retirement savings. Our employee programs are designed to encourage ongoing personal and professional growth. SKC enjoys low turnover, promotes from within and fosters a strong team atmosphere.
Work hours: between the hours of 7:30am-6:00pm (variable hours could happen)
Employment Status: Non Exempt
MAJOR RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
Tier II Service Technician
- Provide customer service and audio-visual equipment troubleshooting and problem resolution via phone, video, and email.
- Make service calls to client locations to troubleshoot and resolve audio-visual equipment problems.
- Possess working knowledge of Audio, Video, Video Conference and Control systems.
- Work independently, be self-directed, communicate effectively and make sound decisions to ensure customer satisfaction.
- Provide excellent customer service and build customer relationships.
- Answer client calls (audio and video) and emails, open & follow-up on Service trouble tickets, troubleshoot problems and take appropriate action to resolve.
- Work closely with Integration Service Manager & technicians to help remedy any service issues that arise in a professional manner.
- Provide additional training to clients as needed
- Provide feedback to Integration Service Manager to facilitate improvements to the installation process.
- Use solution oriented approach for all service issues. Solutions must be quickly determined and implemented. All solutions must include a combination of expediency, economics, and resourcefulness to fulfill SKC standards.
- Provide sales leads provided to Account Executive or Service Manager based on findings from service visits.
- Provide other support as needed to ensure SKC operates up to standards on a daily basis.
Tier II—in addition to Tier I responsibilities…
- Develop training materials & provide training to clients.
- Develop and provide internal training (to include vendor training) for SKC staff.
- Possess advanced Audio and Control systems knowledge.
- Provide direction to Tier 1 technicians, delegate tasks to other team members and possess advanced problem solving abilities.
Tier III—in addition to Tier 1 and Tier II responsibilities…
- Provide direction to Tier 1 and Tier II Technicians.
- Possess mastery level knowledge of Audio & Control systems (to include code writing and changing).
- Provide remote (VPN) support of Integrated Room systems.
- Manage client escalations.
- Quote new products to existing rooms (adds/changes).
SKC Communication Products, LLC promotes from within and strives to recognize each associate’s individual talents. SKC believes that our associates are our company’s most valuable asset. Consequently, SKC enjoys low turnover and fosters a strong team atmosphere. SKC offers a business casual environment, and we encourage our employees to be creative and enjoy the time they spend at work.
Special Physical Requirements
Must be able to move equipment racks and other heavy equipment as necessary to complete task at hand.
50%-90% *Regional differences
College degree preferred
Tier 3–CTS Certified, Certified in either Crestron or AMX programming language.
Tier 1 – 0-2 years
Tier 2 – 2+ years
Tier 3 – 3+ years in Field Related Work
Ability to analyze customer situations, make decisions and solve problems under pressure. Ability to work with a high degree of accuracy and detail. Basic numeric skills. Ability to maintain positive working relationships with management, co-workers, clients and vendors. Ability to communicate effectively face-to-face, in groups, and via telephone and written communication. Ability to travel. Ability to sit for long periods of time entering computer data, researching leads, and telephone communication (up to eight (8) hours). Ability to be detail oriented, work without supervision and must be available during working hours.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by individuals assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, knowledge, skills and abilities required of individuals so classified. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties and responsibilities.