Director of Bid Desk
- AV Integration
- Shawnee, KS
SKC Communications has a great opportunity to join our AV Integration team as Director of Bid Desk. Preferred candidates will have CTS or CTS-D certification and at least 5 years experience with bid estimation.
SKC is on the top 11 list of audiovisual integrators, has been named Ingram’s Fastest Growing Businesses for 18 years and won best place to work in Kansas City for 2018. SKC offers a full suite of benefits, including medical & dental insurance, flex spending accounts, holiday & vacation leave, and company-matched retirement savings. Our employee programs are designed to encourage ongoing personal and professional growth. SKC enjoys low turnover, promotes from within and fosters a strong team atmosphere.
MAJOR RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
- Directly manage and mentor the bid desk team. Drive individual continuous improvement and accountability.
- Proactively reach out to General Contractors, Electrical Contractors and Consultants to drive business towards SKC
- Work with the Director of Vendor Relations to proactively work towards setting up vendors that are on opportunities awarded to SKC
- Work with the VP of Sales and Regional Sales Directors to hand over business opportunities if it is a new account to SKC.
- Work directly with the Director of PMO and Director of Engineering to ensure that hours quoted, and customer deliverables are being coordinated effectively
- Develop monthly, quarterly and yearly goals for the bid desk
- Work with the Bid Desk team on margins, quoted vs actual and other key metrics
- Determine margins on bids and seek input from the executive team on bids over $500,000
SKC Communication Products, LLC. promotes from within and strives to recognize each associate’s individual talents. SKC believes that our associates are our company’s most valuable asset. Consequently, SKC enjoys low turnover and fosters a strong team atmosphere. SKC offers a business casual environment, and we encourage our employees to be creative and enjoy the time they spend at work.
Special Physical Requirements
Travel as required estimated to be up to 25% or greater depending on workload and opportunity generation.
College degree preferred
5+ years working in an estimating role
2+ years working directly with customers and consultants
Ability to analyze customer situations, make decisions and solve problems under pressure. Ability to work with a high degree of accuracy and detail. Basic numeric skills. Ability to maintain positive working relationships with management, co-workers, clients and vendors. Ability to communicate effectively face-to-face, in groups, and via telephone and written communication. Ability to travel. Ability to sit for long periods of time entering computer data, researching leads, and telephone communication (up to eight (8) hours). Ability to be detail oriented, work without supervision and must be available during working hours.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by individuals assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, knowledge, skills and abilities required of individuals so classified. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties and responsibilities.
SKC Communication Products, LLC (SKC) is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to disability or protected veteran status, or other characteristics protected by law.Apply Now