- Shawnee, KS
SKC has an IT opening at our Kansas City headquarters office.
The Infrastructure Technician’s primary role is to plan, organize, and manage overall operations to ensure the stable operation of the organization’s IT infrastructure. This includes developing, maintaining, supporting, and optimizing key functional areas, particularly network infrastructure, server infrastructure, data communications, and telecommunications systems. The Infrastructure Technician will also schedule and direct activities to resolve hardware and software problems in a timely and accurate fashion. The Infrastructure Technician will also assist with help desk issues as needed.
MAJOR RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
- Evaluate documented resolutions and analyze trends for ways to prevent future problems.
- Design and implement short- and long-term strategic plans to ensure infrastructure capacity meets existing and future requirements.
- Develop, implement, and maintain policies, procedures, and associated training plans for infrastructure administration and project management.
- Assist with the planning and deployment of infrastructure security measures.
- Manage and set priorities for the design, maintenance, development, and evaluation of all infrastructure systems, including LANs, WANs, Internet, intranet, security, wireless implementations, and so on.
- Conduct feasibility studies for various upgrade projects, improvements, and other conversions.
- Test network performance and provide network performance statistics and reports; develop strategies for maintaining network infrastructure.
- Test server performance and provide network performance statistics and reports; develop strategies for maintaining server infrastructure.
- Practice IT asset management, including maintenance of component inventory and related documentation.
- Alert management to emerging trends in incidents.
- Assist in software releases and roll-outs and communication to the end users.
- Field incoming requests to the Service Desk via both telephone and e-mail to ensure courteous, timely and effective resolution of end user issues.
- Identify and learn appropriate software and hardware used and supported by the organization.
- Perform hands-on fixes, including installing and upgrading software, installing hardware, implementing file backups, and configuring systems and applications.
- Assist with planning, testing & implementing IT projects.
- Prepare & conduct end-user training.
- Assist other business units with technical questions and issues.
- Provide any other support to ensure SKC operates up to standards on a daily basis.
SKC Communication Products, LLC. promotes from within and strives to recognize each associate’s individual talents. SKC believes that our associates are our company’s most valuable asset. Consequently, SKC enjoys low turnover, promotes from within and fosters a strong team atmosphere. SKC offers a business casual environment, and we encourage our employees to be creative and enjoy the time they spend at work.
40+ hour on-site work week.
Sitting for extended periods of time.
Dexterity of hands and fingers to operate a computer keyboard, mouse, power tools, and other computer components.
Special Physical Requirements
Lifting and transporting of moderately heavy objects (usually a max of 50lbs), such as computers and peripherals
2+ year College/technical degree preferred
- 2+ years experience in IT help desk or related position.
- Experience with server hardware and operating systems.
- Experience with Cisco firewalls.
- Basic networking and switch/router experience.
- Experience with Microsoft SQL server.
- Application support experience.
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills, with a focus on rapport-building, listening and questioning skills.
- Ability to solve problems independently.
- Strong documentation skills.
- Ability to conduct research into a wide range of computing issues as required.
- Ability to absorb and retain information quickly.
- Ability to present ideas in user-friendly language.
- Highly self-motivated and directed.
- Keen attention to detail.
- Proven analytical and problem-solving abilities.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
- Exceptional customer service orientation.
- Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
Ability to analyze customer situations, make decisions and solve problems under pressure. Ability to work with a high degree of accuracy and detail. Basic numeric skills. Ability to maintain positive working relationships with management, co-workers, clients and vendors. Ability to communicate effectively face-to-face, in groups, and via telephone and written communication. Ability to travel. Ability to sit for long periods of time entering computer data, researching leads, and telephone communication (up to eight (8) hours). Ability to be detail oriented, work without supervision and must be available during working hours.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by individuals assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, knowledge, skills and abilities required of individuals so classified. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties and responsibilities.
SKC Communication Products, LLC (SKC) is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to disability or protected veteran status, or other characteristics protected by law.Apply Now