Integration CAD Drafter
- CAD Drafter
- Dallas, TX
SKC is growing and has an opening on our CAD team. SKC won best place to work in 2018 and offers a full suite of benefits, including medical & dental insurance, flex spending accounts, holiday & vacation leave, and company-matched retirement savings.
MAJOR RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
- Responsible for working with construction, electrical, and associated building disciplines to communicate and produce accurate documentation.
- Transform initial rough engineering designs using computer aided design (CAD) into working documents.
- Review with engineering to ensure adherence to established specifications and standards
- Initiate good follow-up to update documentation when any changes may occur.
- Ability to work with clients & resolve issues to ensure projects are performed as designed.
- Construct, package and deliver Operation Manuals for completed projects in a timely manner.
- Provide any other support to ensure SKC operates up to standards on a daily
SKC Communication Products, LLC promotes from within and strives to recognize each associate’s individual talents. SKC believes that our associates are our company’s most valuable asset. Consequently, SKC enjoys low turnover, promotes from within and fosters a strong team atmosphere. SKC offers a business casual environment, and we encourage our employees to be creative and enjoy the time they spend at work.
Special Physical Requirements
Ability to perform low impact physical tasks. May involve lifting of up to 50lbs.
Some travel may be required.
College degree preferred
Associate’s degree in CAD Technology and a minimum 0-2 years job
Experience using AutoCAD 2007 or equivalent, MS Excel, Word, required.
Experience with high and low voltage systems beneficial. Excellent Communication Skills required.
Ability to analyze customer situations, make decisions and solve problems under pressure. Ability to work with a high degree of accuracy and detail. Basic numeric skills. Ability to maintain positive working relationships with management, co-workers, clients and vendors. Ability to communicate effectively face-to-face, in groups, and via telephone and written communication. Ability to travel. Ability to sit for long periods of time entering computer data, researching leads, and telephone communication (up to eight (8) hours). Ability to be detail oriented, work without supervision and must be available during working hours.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by individuals assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, knowledge, skills and abilities required of individuals so classified. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties and responsibilities.
SKC Communication Products, LLC (SKC) is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to disability or protected veteran status, or other characteristics protected by law.