Integration Design Engineer – Tier 2
- Design Engineer
- Cincinnati, OH
SKC has a great opportunity to join our pre-sales design engineer in the Cincinnati city area. SKC is on the top 10 list of audiovisual integrators and has been named Ingram’s Fastest Growing Businesses for 18 years. SKC offers a full suite of benefits, including medical & dental insurance, flex spending accounts, holiday & vacation leave, and company-matched retirement savings. Our employee programs are designed to encourage ongoing personal and professional growth. SKC enjoys low turnover, promotes from within and fosters a strong team atmosphere.
Design, engineering, commissioning & training for a wide range of audio visual integration projects. Responsible for technical oversight of project from concept through completion ensuring quality control, profitability & customer satisfaction.
MAJOR RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
- Responsible for working with Clients, Account Executives, Construction Managers, Electricians and associated building disciplines to perform site surveys and create needs analysis documentation.
- Clearly communicate and document tradeoffs, impacts and alternatives to the client and Account Executives.
- Create and communicate complex scopes of work that are accurate, detailed and minimize risk.
- Create equipment lists to meet design requirements including all miscellaneous materials and cabling.
- Develop labor estimates across all disciplines to ensure project profitability.
- Create engineering schematics, architectural details, wire pull schedules, calculations, acoustical modeling or additional information per project requirements.
- Work with CAD department to ensure accuracy of drawings.
- Guide or develop DSP software as required for system functionality.
- Coordinate control system requirements with both customer and programmer.
- Answer questions and troubleshoot with all project team members during the project as necessary to ensure our work meets the expectations of the design and scope of work.
- Attend construction meetings as necessary.
- Lead commissioning efforts both in shop & on-site for high profile, complex and/or consultant ran projects which require advanced closeout practices.
- Lead technical client system trainings.
- Review shop and field drawings in order to bring to “as-built” status.
- Assist in facilitation of project turnover to service department.
- Maintain up to date knowledge on products to ensure the highest quality solution is provided to the client both during the design & implementation stages of the project.
- Maintain workflow guidelines established by SKC Operations Team.
- Stay up to date with new technologies and continued training while working on new certifications
Specific Knowledge, Experience & Training Required:
Typical AV Projects will be:
- Less than $1 million
- Up to 20 weeks total effort
- Medium to high level risk
- Complex programming
- Must be at a Project Engineer with a minimum of 2 years out in the field
- Must be fluent in CAD and SKC drawing standards
- Responsible for working with Clients, Account Executives, Construction Managers, Electricians, and associated building disciplines to gather their AV business needs and design a solution that meets those needs
- Needs to have the ability to design and be client facing
- Create and communicate accurate quotes, scopes of work, change orders, and other documentation
- The ability to work with vendors and partners for design requirement and assistance
- Typical designs are of smaller scope such as stand-alone conference rooms, digital signage, and/or video conferencing cart systems. Ability to determine required equipment, cabling and labor for a complete system.
- Create initial draft signal path, infrastructure, rack layout for CAD department and review CAD documents to provide mark-ups for installation drawings
- Ability to work with Project Manager, Project Engineer, Field Technicians, Programmers & Consultants to ensure our work meets the expectations detailed in the Scope of Work
- Clearly communicate with documentation the tradeoffs, impacts, and alternatives to the client through SKC Account Executives.
- Attend and participate in project review meetings.
- Answer questions and troubleshoot with Project Managers and on-site Technicians post-PO.
- Maintain workflow guidelines established by SKC Operations Team
- Collaborate with the Engineering team to ensure adherence to established specifications and standards (general construction, ADA, etc.)
- Work in a group environment to obtain both group and individual goals for the Integration Department
- Maintain up to date knowledge on products to ensure the highest quality solution is provided to the client
- Perform site surveys as required by AE and provide support to Levels II & III Design Engineers
- Effective time management and attention to detail.
- Computer skills with ability to work in Microsoft office, Microsoft Outlook, CAD and other software as provided by SKC
- Provide any other support to ensure SKC operates up to company standards on a daily basis
Training & Experience:
- InfoComm AV Design 1: Environment
- InfoComm AV Design 2: Infrastructure
- InfoComm AV Design 3: Applied Design
- SynAudCon Course 200: Audio Applications
- QSC Q-SYS Level 2 Training (Instructor Led)
- Crestron DMC-D Certification
- InfoComm Networked AV Systems Course (Instructor Led)
- Extron Emerging Tech 4K
Ability to analyze customer situations, make decisions and solve problems under pressure. Ability to work with a high degree of accuracy and detail. Basic numeric skills. Ability to maintain positive working relationships with management, co-workers, clients and vendors. Ability to communicate effectively face-to-face, in groups, and via telephone and written communication. Ability to travel. Ability to sit for long periods of time entering computer data, researching leads, and telephone communication (up to eight (8) hours). Ability to be detail oriented, work without supervision and must be available during working hours.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by individuals assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, knowledge, skills and abilities required of individuals so classified. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties and responsibilities.