- Design Engineer
- Dallas, TX
SKC has a great opportunity to join our Integration team has a Tier 3 Design Engineer in Dallas. SKC is on the top 10 list of audiovisual integrators and has been named Ingram’s Fastest Growing Businesses for 18 years. SKC offers a full suite of benefits, including medical & dental insurance, flex spending accounts, holiday & vacation leave, and company-matched retirement savings. Our employee programs are designed to encourage ongoing personal and professional growth. SKC enjoys low turnover, promotes from within and fosters a strong team atmosphere.
MAJOR RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
Design Level I
1. Work with clients and account executives to provide an audiovisual solution for the specific needs of the client.
2. Responsible for working with client, account executives, construction, electrical, and associated building disciplines to communicate and produce accurate quotes & documentation.
3. Maintain workflow guidelines established by SKC management and PM teams.
4. Ability to work with PM, Field technicians & programmers to ensure our work meets the expectations assigned in Scope of work.
5. Review with engineering group to ensure adherence to established specifications and standards; general construction, ADA, etc.
6. Work in a group environment to obtain both group and individual goals for the integration department.
7. Maintain up to date knowledge on products to ensure highest quality solution is provided to client.
8. Perform site surveys & provide support to Tier II & III Design engineers.
9. Provide any other support to ensure SKC operates up to standards on a daily basis.
Design Level II
1. Has earned certification in at least 3 disciplines.
2. 10 designs of $100k +.
3. Successfully managed 15 projects that have completed under hours & budget.
Design Level III
1. Mastery level competency in 3 areas.
2. Minimum of 10 AV projects over $250k & at least 1 over $1 million.
3. Successfully designed 25 projects that have completed under hours & under budget.
SKC Communication Products, LLC. promotes from within and strives to recognize each associate’s individual talents. SKC believes that our associates are our company’s most valuable asset. Consequently, SKC enjoys low turnover, promotes from within and fosters a strong team atmosphere. SKC offers a business casual environment, and we encourage our employees to be creative and enjoy the time they spend at work. Special Physical Requirements Ability to perform physical labor. May involve lifting of up to 50lbs.
Travel Some travel may be required. 25%
College degree preferred
CTS & CTS-D Prefered