- Administrative, AV Programmer
- Charlotte, NC
SKC is growing and has an opportunity as a Junior Programmer/Coordinator. This is a great entry level programming position with some project coordinating responsibilities as well. SKC is on the top 10 list of audiovisual integrators and has been named Ingram’s Fastest Growing Businesses for 18 years. SKC offers a full suite of benefits, including medical & dental insurance, flex spending accounts, holiday & vacation leave, and company-matched retirement savings. Our employee programs are designed to encourage ongoing personal and professional growth. SKC enjoys low turnover, promotes from within and fosters a strong team atmosphere.
MAJOR RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
- Review project documentation (CAD, SOW, BOM, etc.) and work with Project Managers, Design Engineers, and the customer to create a desired Programming Requirements Document which will drive the programming.
- Load code to processor, run XPanel software and pull screenshots
- Review screenshots with customer and notate any required changes
- Utilize touch panel screen shots to create a Touch Panel Pass Fail Document. This will be used onsite by the lead technician to validate the programming operation.
- At the completion of the project the programming coordinator will be responsible for using the TPPFD to complete the final User Guides.
- Delivers completed manuals, drawings, software and other documentation to the project manager upon job completion.
- Creates and executes project documents and revises as appropriate to meet changing needs and requirements.
- Ensures all programming files are logged into Salesforce PAC’s and are tied to the correct projects.
- Effectively applies SKC methodology and enforces project standards.
- Update and Complete information in Salesforce.
- Ensures project documents are complete, current, and stored appropriately.
- Ensure tasks are executed within quoted labor hours.
- Trace and report hours and expenses on a weekly basis to supervisor.
- Assist with customer correspondence and follow up.
- Assists the Scheduler in keeping the Project Schedule updated.
- Assist Director of PMO, SKC Project Managers, Integration technicians and Design Engineers as needed throughout the process.
- Prepare DSP files for Programmers.
- Provide support and work with supervisor.
- Meet or exceed individual goals.
- Provide any other support to ensure SKC operates up to standards on a daily basis.
SKC Communication Products, LLC promotes from within and strives to recognize each associate’s individual talents. SKC believes that our associates are our company’s most valuable asset. Consequently, SKC enjoys low turnover, promotes from within and fosters a strong team atmosphere. SKC offers a business casual environment, and we encourage our employees to be creative and enjoy the time they spend at work.
Some travel may be required
College degree preferred
2+ years A/V experience
DSP experience (Biamp and/or QSC required, BSS, Symetrix, Soundstructure preferred)
Prior Project Coordination experience preferred
- Great communication skills
- Excellent organizational skills
- Crestron VisionTools Pro-e Experience
- Crestron Toolbox Experience
- Crestron SIMPL Windows Experience
- Microsoft Office Experience
- Experience with high and low voltage systems beneficial.
Ability to analyze customer situations, make decisions and solve problems under pressure. Ability to work with a high degree of accuracy and detail. Basic numeric skills. Ability to maintain positive working relationships with management, co-workers, clients and vendors. Ability to communicate effectively face-to-face, in groups, and via telephone and written communication. Ability to travel. Ability to sit for long periods of time entering computer data, researching leads, and telephone communication (up to eight (8) hours). Ability to be detail oriented, work without supervision and must be available during working hours.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by individuals assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, knowledge, skills and abilities required of individuals so classified. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties and responsibilities.
SKC Communication Products, LLC (SKC) is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to disability or protected veteran status, or other characteristics protected by law.Apply Now