Lead AV Technician – Tier 3
- AV Technician
- Shawnee, KS
SKC has a great opportunity to join our AV Integration team as a Lead AV Tier 3 technician in Kansas City. SKC is on the top 10 list of audiovisual integrators and has been named Ingram’s Fastest Growing Businesses for 18 years. SKC offers a full suite of benefits, including medical & dental insurance, flex spending accounts, holiday & vacation leave, and company-matched retirement savings. Our employee programs are designed to encourage ongoing personal and professional growth. SKC enjoys low turnover, promotes from within and fosters a strong team atmosphere.
MAJOR RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
Tier I AV Technician
- Work with Lead AV Technician to complete all phases of installation projects.
- Tasks including rack assembly, equipment placement and equipment mounting are to be performed in accordance with system diagrams, both in-house and on-site.
- System cabling is performed in accordance with system diagrams, both in-house and on-site.
- Termination is performed in accordance with system diagrams, both in-house and on-site.
- Equipment external to racks is installed and custom panels or products are fabricated as directed by Lead AV Technician or Project Engineer.
- Assigned tasks relating to job site work are maintained in an organized and clean manner.
- Assigned tasks are regularly completed within the budgeted time, & performed to meet or exceed quality standards established at SKC.
- Provide feedback to facilitate improvements to the installation process.
- Provide any other support to ensure SKC operates up to standards on a daily basis.
- General knowledge of construction & AV industry.
- Ability to read schematic diagrams and building drawings.
- Provide any other support to ensure SKC operates up to standards on a daily
Tier 2 AV Technician (All of the level 1 requirements plus)
- Ability to lead small to mid-level projects without control/Audio DSP and/or act as a site supervisor during certain stages of larger projects.
- Proficient in the structured cabling of projects which includes pulling, terminating and testing all cable and wiring associated with audio/video cables.
- Proven ability to adhere and follow CAD elevations and system schematics.
- Proven ability to lead 1-3 technicians throughout the duration of a small to mid-level project w/o control or audio DSP.
- Ability to train clients on non-controlled room systems.
- Document project changes and communicate back to project management, provide all documents at close of project.
- Competently document daily project status reports and deliver/communicate status reports with project management on a daily basis or in a frequency agreed upon by the project team.
- Essentials of AV certification or ability to possess within 90 days of hire.
Tier 3 Lead AV Technician (all of level I & 2 requirements plus)
- Ability to lead mid-level projects with control and/or audio DSP technology.
- Aide the Project Management team in the development of project plans and milestones.
- Execute projects plans within the time constraints specified while adhering to quality standards.
- Proven ability to task and lead teams of 4-6 efficiently (Internal employees & Subcontractors)
- Ability to problem solve in order to keep project on time and within budget.
- Ability to work with clients on system functionality, project issues, and planning.
- Competently demonstrate the ability to load Crestron and/or AMX control system code and firmware.
- Audio DSP1- Demonstrates the ability to load DSP projects, implement, and configure (SKC primarily uses BIAMP, Polycom Sound Structure, & ClearOne).
- Competently document daily project status reports and deliver/communicate status reports to project management on a daily basis or in a frequency agreed upon by the project team.
- Ability to train client employees and stakeholders on controlled room systems.
- Assign tasks relating to job site work are maintained in an organized and clean manner.
- Accountable for ensuring that tasks including rack assembly, equipment placement and equipment mounting are to be performed in accordance with system diagrams, both in-house and on-site.
- Accountable for ensuring that system cabling is performed in accordance with system diagrams, both in-house and on-site.
- Accountable for ensuring that termination is performed in accordance with system diagrams, both in-house and on-site.
- Demonstrates a working knowledge of construction processes and ability to interface with different trades.
- INFOCOMM CTS certification or ability to possess within 6 months of date of hire.
SKC Communication Products, LLC promotes from within and strives to recognize each associate’s individual talents. SKC believes that our associates are our company’s most valuable asset. Consequently, SKC enjoys low turnover, promotes from within and fosters a strong team atmosphere. SKC offers a business casual environment, and we encourage our employees to be creative and enjoy the time they spend at work.
The work environment characteristics may involve dust and decibel levels over 90DB. Equipment will be provided for the safety of the employee at all times.
Special Physical Requirements
Note: Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
The employee must be able to regularly lift 25 pounds and occasionally lift 75 pounds. Specific vision acuity requirements include close vision, depth perception, and color recognition. This person will frequently be required to be on step ladders up to 12’ and extension ladders to 26’. Occasional use of a man-lift up to 40’ will also be required.
College/Technical degree preferred
Level 1 0 + years
Level 2 2 + years
Level 3 3 + years
Ability to analyze customer situations, make decisions and solve problems under pressure. Ability to work with a high degree of accuracy and detail. Basic numeric skills. Ability to maintain positive working relationships with management, co-workers, clients and vendors. Ability to communicate effectively face-to-face, in groups, and via telephone and written communication. Ability to travel. Ability to sit for long periods of time entering computer data, researching leads, and telephone communication (up to eight (8) hours). Ability to be detail oriented, work without supervision and must be available during working hours.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by individuals assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, knowledge, skills and abilities required of individuals so classified. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties and responsibilities.
SKC Communication Products, LLC (SKC) is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to disability or protected veteran status, or other characteristics protected by law.Apply Now