- Kansas City, MO, Lenexa, KS, Shawnee, KS
Title: Marketing Coordinator
Reports to: Lacy Fox
Work hours: between the hours of 8:00 – 6:00
Employment Status: Exempt
Location: Shawnee, KS
General purpose is to support the needs of the marketing department and the company. This individual will be responsible for all copywriting requirements, as well as handle administrative duties, project management and sales support as needed. Attention to detail and ability to multi-task is critical.
MAJOR RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
- Markets products by developing and implementing marketing/advertising and social media campaigns.
- Plans meetings/events and trade shows by identifying, assembling, and coordinating requirements, establishing contacts, developing schedules and assignments, and coordinating mailing lists.
- Utilize Adobe InDesign and Photoshop on a daily basis to design and maintain marketing collateral for sales and corporate website.
- Oversee marketing supplies, literature, collateral, and giveaways at SKC office/off-site warehouse.
- Write internal and external press releases, case studies, mail pieces, client communications and other materials as assigned.
- Assist in managing and monitoring website, social media and digital signage content.
- Assist in planning, development and coordination of sales support projects, which could include sales presentations, RFP’s, events, and trainings.
- Prepares marketing reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing marketing data.
- Keeps promotional materials ready by coordinating requirements with vendors, inventorying stock, placing orders, and verifying receipt.
- Supports sales staff by providing marketing collateral and new product information.
- Updates job knowledge and explores opportunities to add value to job accomplishments by participating in educational opportunities and reading trade publications.
- Accomplishes organization goals by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests.
- Participate in proactive team efforts to achieve department and company goals, sometimes including administrative duties
- Provide any other support to ensure SKC operates up to standards on a daily basis.
SKC Communication Products, LLC promotes from within and strives to recognize each associate’s individual talents. SKC believes that our associates are our company’s most valuable asset. Consequently, SKC enjoys low turnover, promotes from within and fosters a strong team atmosphere. SKC offers a business casual environment, and we encourage our employees to be creative and enjoy the time they spend at work.
Some travel required to attend trade shows and SKC events.
Bachelor’s degree from a four-year college or university in business management, marketing, or a related field.
0-4 years marketing-related experience
Excellent project management skills with keen attention to detail
Excellent communication and collaboration skills
Ability to read, analyze and interpret general business communiqués
Ability to write and proofread sales, technical & marketing materials
Microsoft Office proficiency required: Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint
Design experience utilizing In Design, Illustrator and/or Photoshop
Ability to analyze customer situations, make decisions and solve problems under pressure. Ability to work with a high degree of accuracy and detail. Basic numeric skills. Ability to maintain positive working relationships with management, co-workers, clients and vendors. Ability to communicate effectively face-to-face, in groups, and via telephone and written communication. Ability to travel. Ability to sit for long periods of time entering computer data, researching leads, and telephone communication (up to eight (8) hours). Ability to be detail oriented, work without supervision and must be available during working hours.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by individuals assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, knowledge, skills and abilities required of individuals so classified. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties and responsibilities.