- Shawnee, KS
SKC is growing and is adding a purchasing agent to the team. SKC offers a full suite of benefits, including medical & dental insurance, flex spending accounts, holiday & vacation leave, and company-matched retirement savings. Our employee programs are designed to encourage ongoing personal and professional growth. SKC enjoys low turnover, promotes from within and fosters a strong team atmosphere.
General purpose is to support the administrative and accounting needs of SKC’s Purchasing Department.
MAJOR RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
- Responsible for Non-Project orders
- Provide equipment ordering and management support for support of project managers. To include but not limited to:
- Review the daily status of all orders released to purchasing
- Place purchase orders with appropriate vendors based upon delivery schedule to customer.
- Monitor status of purchase orders that have been placed to ensure timely delivery.
- Work through escalation of priority deliveries with project manager.
- Responsible for obtaining price quotes from vendors for SKC personnel.
- Provide any other support to Purchasing group to ensure orders are placed timely and received within specifications
- Cross train for SL part Add
- Cross train to handle service requests
- Provide any other support to ensure SKC operates up to standards on a daily basis
- Back up for Front phones
SKC Communication Products, Inc. promotes from within and strives to recognize each associate’s individual talents. SKC believes that our associates are our company’s most valuable asset. Consequently, SKC enjoys low turnover, promotes from within and fosters a strong team atmosphere. SKC offers a business casual environment, and we encourage our employees to be creative and enjoy the time they spend at work.
Special Physical Requirements
None, regular office environment, using computer keyboard, office equipment, and sitting for most of the day.
High school diploma or GED
College degree preferred
Beginning to intermediate Microsoft Office skills required with Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint
Excellent organizational skills
Self-starter and motivated
Excellent writing and grammar skills
Great communication skills
Dedicated and reliable
Ability to multi-task is critical
Ability to analyze customer situations, make decisions and solve problems under pressure. Ability to work with a high degree of accuracy and detail. Basic numeric skills. Ability to maintain positive working relationships with management, co-workers, clients and vendors. Ability to communicate effectively face-to-face, in groups, and via telephone and written communication. Ability to travel. Ability to sit for long periods of time entering computer data, researching leads, and telephone communication (up to eight (8) hours). Ability to be detail oriented, work without supervision and must be available during working hours.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by individuals assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, knowledge, skills and abilities required of individuals so classified. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties and responsibilities.