- Shawnee, KS
Title: Receptionist/Administrative Assistant
Reports to: Ann Steed
Work hours: 8:00AM-4:00 PM
Employment Status: Non Exempt
Location: SKC HQ
MAJOR RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
- Answering calls and directing customers to appropriate department.
- Responsible for checking night messages and forwarding call to appropriate department.
- Responsible for taking concise messages.
- Responsible for mailing invoices when the Accounts Receivable department provides them.
- Responsible for operating and maintaining postage machine.
- Responsible for stamping and sending out mail daily.
- Responsible for shipping out all FedEx Packages
- Responsible for greeting all guests in a friendly manner.
- Responsible for contacting employees when shipments are received.
- Responsible for assisting HR with administrative tasks.
- Invoice various customers online & report any issues to the Accounts Receivable department.
- Assist with various bills for the Accounts Payable department.
- Provide any other support to ensure SKC operates up to standards on a daily basis.
SKC Communication Products, LLC promotes from within and strives to recognize each associate’s individual talents. SKC believes that our associates are our company’s most valuable asset. Consequently, SKC enjoys low turnover, promotes from within and fosters a strong team atmosphere. SKC offers a business casual environment, and we encourage our employees to be creative and enjoy the time they spend at work.
Special Physical Requirements
High School diploma or G.E.D.
Front telephone experience
Excellent communication skills
Computer experience utilizing Microsoft Outlook, Excel, Word.
Ability to analyze customer situations, make decisions and solve problems under pressure. Ability to work with a high degree of accuracy and detail. Basic numeric skills. Ability to maintain positive working relationships with management, co-workers, clients and vendors. Ability to communicate effectively face-to-face, in groups, and via telephone and written communication. Ability to travel. Ability to sit for long periods of time entering computer data, researching leads, and telephone communication (up to eight (8) hours). Ability to be detail oriented, work without supervision and must be available during working hours.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by individuals assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, knowledge, skills and abilities required of individuals so classified. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties and responsibilities.