- Administrative, AV Integration
- Chicago, IL
SKC has a great opportunity to join our Chicago team as a Resource Scheduler. SKC is on the top 11 list of audiovisual integrators and has been named Ingram’s Fastest Growing Businesses for 18 years. SKC offers a full suite of benefits, including medical & dental insurance, flex spending accounts, holiday & vacation leave, and company-matched retirement savings. Our employee programs are designed to encourage ongoing personal and professional growth. SKC enjoys low turnover, promotes from within and fosters a strong team atmosphere.
Resource Scheduler position is responsible for the effective execution of all scheduling of SKC resources. This position for the efficient and effective use of planning and scheduling all resources to conduct installation activities which result in minimum downtime, minimized cost, and maximum productivity. In order to fulfill these responsibilities in the most effective manner, the Resource Scheduler is responsible for tracking resource skill sets and empowered to manage work priority, and engage the proper resources to develop a safe, effective and efficient project team. Using strong analytical and organizational skills, forecasters/schedulers play a key role in effective staffing and scheduling.
Major Duties and Responsibilities
1. Proactively provide support to project management and technical resources.
2. Reviews and revises the schedule and assignments as appropriate to meet changing needs and requirements for SKC’s projects.
3. Allocating proper skilled staff to meet project resource requirements.
4. Responsible for keeping Assignments and Project Schedule updated.
5. Decide schedule changes based on impacts to organization, e.g., budget, service levels, physical resources, morale.
6. Recommending and obtaining approval for decisions beyond assigned level of Authority.
7. Communicate changes in assignments to individual resources.
8. Tracks and reports team hours, overtime, and expenses on a weekly basis to manager.
9. Responsible for final approval of resource project time cards each week.
10. Provide support and work with management team.
11. Use forecasting methods to determine required resources.
12. Compare requirements with available resources to identify potential issues,
e.g., lack of resources, overlapping campaigns, hiring delays.
13. Make recommendations and provide options e.g., hire staff, increase budget.
14. Assessing impact of allocation of resources on operations, e.g., skill availability, other departments’ goals.
15. Report Field staff down time to management on a timely and proactive basis so that training and alternate work can be planned.
16. Meet or exceed individual goals.
17. Provide any other support to ensure SKC operates up to standards on a daily basis.
18. Effectively applies SKC methodology and enforces project standards.
SKC Communication Products, LLC promotes from within and strives to recognize each associate’s individual talents. SKC believes that our associates are our company’s most valuable asset. Consequently, SKC enjoys low turnover, promotes from within and fosters a strong team atmosphere. SKC offers a business casual environment, and we encourage our employees to be creative and enjoy the time they spend at work.
• Resource Scheduler works in a fast-paced and demanding work environment
• Resource Scheduler needs to make quick analytical decisions
• Overtime may be required during peak periods
College degree preferred
A/V experience preferred
1. Great communication skills
2. Excellent organizational skills
3. Comprehensive Analytical and logistic Skills
4. Microsoft Office Experience
5. Knowledge of Sales Force & PSA Software
6. Experience with Microsoft Project Preferred
Ability to analyze customer situations, make decisions and solve problems under pressure. Ability to work with a high degree of accuracy and detail. Basic numeric skills. Ability to maintain positive working relationships with management, co-workers, clients and vendors. Ability to communicate effectively face-to-face, in groups, and via telephone and written communication. Ability to travel. Ability to sit for long periods of time entering computer data, researching leads, and telephone communication (up to eight (8) hours). Ability to be detail oriented, work without supervision and must be available during working hours.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by individuals assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, knowledge, skills and abilities required of individuals so classified. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties and responsibilities.
SKC Communication Products, LLC (SKC) is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to disability or protected veteran status, or other characteristics protected by law.Apply Now