Senior AV Programmer
- AV Programmer
- Austin, TX
Title: Senior AV Programmer
Reports to: Integration Director of Engineering & Programming
Employment Status: Exempt
Location: Austin, TX
An AV Programming position at SKC requires an immense amount of technical ability. All programmers are required to be able to work with multiple programming platforms, customer verticals, and meet programming needs ranging from internal development to system commissioning. An AV Programmer will be expected to not only effectively program in one or more of the programming platforms but also provide technical information and assistance to field personnel.
Programming, testing & support of complex audio visual control systems in a variety of customer environments & system design requirements.
MAJOR RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
- Design & development of custom graphic user interfaces on control system touch panels.
- Research design schemes for touch panel templates and ease-of-use functionality while adhering to, or developing from recent industry and web development standards.
- Development of AV integration project programs for Crestron, AMX or Extron.
- Comprehension of engineering drawings & scope of work documentation to ensure control programs function in accordance with client requirements.
- Acquire programming information necessary for new and frequently used equipment implemented in an integrated environment.
- Proficient and efficient programming of control systems and touch panels per SKC programming standards.
- Can assist with developing future standards.
- Develop custom modules and maintain to increase functionality of the integrated environment.
- Assist with in-house and onsite program commissioning and troubleshooting and provide any other support to Integration Team members.
- Assist in creating screenshot documentation and programming user guides for client upon project completion.
- Assigned tasks relating to project work are maintained in an organized manner and are regularly completed within the budgeted time.
- Assist with client and/or Field Technician in resolving service issues.
- Provide feedback to facilitate improvements to the programming process.
- Provide any other support to ensure SKC operates up to industry standards on a daily basis.
- Must be able to write programs and interface with DSP’s (Biamp, QSC, BSS, etc.).
- It is expected that the programmer will use internal resources to effectively complete these tasks.
- ~15% Travel should be expected. This is project specific, and includes travel for training.
Specific Knowledge, Experience & Training Required:
Typical AV Projects will be:
- Any $ amount, can program and commission projects over $1 million
- Any duration project
- High level risk
- Complex programming
- Ability to keep track, program, and support multiple projects in progress
- Demonstrate ability to:
- Document and share equipment and system quirks with team.
- Properly set and manage internal and external customer expectations.
- Effectively communicate to project team.
- Communicate early and often on the status of their projects and if there are reasons to move completion dates.
- See patterns and create programs more efficiently as a result of similarities between systems.
- Program DSP’s for control and basic gain structure. (as well as basic room commissioning)
- Interface with IT personnel on the topics of Network architecture as well as VoIP/Video registrations.
- To make effective use of test equipment, documentation, and pre-existing code so as to minimize commissioning time and punch lists.
- Provide direction to Junior (and Senior) programmers on ways to increase effectiveness in each applicable platform.
Training & Experience:
- One or more of the following:
- AMX (HCCP / ACE)
- Crestron Programmer 3
- And, One or more of the following (from a different category):
- Crestron Programmer 2
- AMX (HCCA / ACE)
- Extron (ECP or Authorized Programmer)
- Two or more of the following:
- QSC Level 1
- QSC Level 2
- Biamp Tesira
- Continuing Growth in advanced programming practices including one of: HTML5, Simpl#/Simpl#Pro, C#, Java, Python.
- InfoComm Networking Technology Course (Instructor Led) or CCENT, CCNA, Network+ preferred
Ability to analyze customer situations, make decisions and solve problems under pressure. Ability to work with a high degree of accuracy and detail. Basic numeric skills. Ability to maintain positive working relationships with management, co-workers, clients and vendors. Ability to communicate effectively face-to-face, in groups, and via telephone and written communication. Ability to travel. Ability to sit for long periods of time entering computer data, researching leads, and telephone communication (up to eight (8) hours). Ability to be detail oriented, work without supervision and must be available during working hours.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by individuals assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, knowledge, skills and abilities required of individuals so classified. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties and responsibilities.
SKC Communication Products, LLC (SKC) is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to disability or protected veteran status, or other characteristics protected by law.Apply Now