AV Technician – Tier 1
- AV Integration, AV Technician
- Chicago, IL
SKC has a great opportunity to join our team in Chicago. SKC is on the top 10 list of audiovisual integrators and has been named Ingram’s Fastest Growing Businesses for 18 years. SKC offers a full suite of benefits, including medical & dental insurance, flex spending accounts, holiday & vacation leave, and company-matched retirement savings. Our employee programs are designed to encourage ongoing personal and professional growth. SKC enjoys low turnover, promotes from within and fosters a strong team atmosphere.
Installation & coordination of audio-visual integration projects ranging in size & scope. Responsible for the successful installation of each assigned project & assistance with testing & closeout as necessary.
MAJOR RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
- Tasks including rack fabrication, equipment installation and cabling/termination are to be performed in accordance with SKC installation standards & system diagrams.
- Equipment external to racks is installed and custom panels or products are fabricated as directed by Lead Installation Technician or Project Engineer.
- Work alongside & communicate regularly with Lead Installation Technician, Project Engineer & Project Manager to ensure work quality, performance and materials meet required schedule & client expectations.
- Assigned tasks relating to job site work are maintained in an organized and clean manner.
- Assigned tasks are regularly completed within the budgeted time & performed to meet or exceed quality standards established at SKC.
- Assist in project plan development & execute within time goals & quality standards for project.
- Ability to problem solve in order to keep project on time and budget.
- Assure that each system is physically complete in accordance with system diagrams.
- Assist as necessary with testing of system & components to assure system functionality.
- Ability to work with clients on system functionality and project issues and planning.
- Document project changes and communicate back to project management & provide all documents at close of project.
- Provide any other support to ensure SKC operates up to standards on a daily basis.
- Completion and delivery of daily activity sheets to project management.
- Follow and maintain proper safety practices both at SKC & client facilities.
- Provide feedback to facilitate improvements to the installation process.
Specific Knowledge, Experience & Training Required:
Typical AV Projects will be:
- Less than $50K
- Up to 10 weeks total effort
- Install between 1-5 days in duration
- Low or Medium level risk
- Little to no programming
- Tasks including rack assembly, equipment placement and equipment mounting are to be performed in accordance with system diagrams, both in-house and on-site.
- System cabling is performed in accordance with system diagrams, both in-house and on-site.
- Termination is performed in accordance with system diagrams, both in-house and on-site.
- Equipment external to racks is installed and custom panels or products are fabricated as directed by Lead AV Technician or Project Engineer.
- Ability to read schematic diagrams and building drawings.
Training & Experience:
- InfoComm AV Technologist Certification
- Foundations of Crestron Programming
- Crestron 101 Online Training
- Crestron Toolbox Online Training
- AMX Core Essentials Online Training
- CC102 – Cabling Essentials
- CC103 – Control Essentials
- CC104 – Networking Essentials
Ability to analyze customer situations, make decisions and solve problems under pressure. Ability to work with a high degree of accuracy and detail. Basic numeric skills. Ability to maintain positive working relationships with management, co-workers, clients and vendors. Ability to communicate effectively face-to-face, in groups, and via telephone and written communication. Ability to travel. Ability to sit for long periods of time entering computer data, researching leads, and telephone communication (up to eight (8) hours). Ability to be detail oriented, work without supervision and must be available during working hours.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by individuals assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, knowledge, skills and abilities required of individuals so classified. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties and responsibilities.