- Internship, Warehouse
- Lenexa, KS
SKC Communications is looking for someone to join our warehouse team. This is the perfect position for a student needing to work part time hours. We would like someone to join the team Monday-Friday between 3-6 PM but can be a little flexible on exact hours.
Work hours: M-F 3-6 PM
Employment: Part Time Internship – Non-Exempt
Location: Lenexa, KS-Warehouse
MAJOR RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
- Primary responsibility is to aide in the daily operations within SKC’s warehouse.
- Prepares shipments for postal or commercial conveyance; determines most economical and efficient shipping method; selects appropriate shipping container; packs items to ensure safe delivery.
- Receives and unloads incoming materials and compares information on packing slip with purchase order to verify accuracy of shipment; may process return shipments from customers.
- Sorts, counts, packages, labels, insures, unpacks, and/or logs inventory which is shipped or received.
- Cleaning work area.
- Provide any other support to ensure SKC operates up to standards on a daily basis
SKC Communication Products, LLC promotes from within and strives to recognize each associate’s individual talents. SKC believes that our associates are our company’s most valuable asset. Consequently, SKC enjoys low turnover, promotes from within and fosters a strong team atmosphere. SKC offers a business casual environment, and we encourage our employees to be creative and enjoy the time they spend at work.
Special Physical Requirements
Ability to lift packages up to 30-60 lbs.
Moderate physical activity in which standing and/or walking for more than four (4) hours per day.
Some skills required with basic computer programs – Outlook, Word, Excel
Proven ability to understand and follow safety procedures.
Excellent organizational skills
Strong computer skills
Self-starter and motivated
Dedicated and reliable
Ability to multi-task is critical
Ability to analyze customer situations, make decisions and solve problems under pressure. Ability to work with a high degree of accuracy and detail. Basic numeric skills. Ability to maintain positive working relationships with management, co-workers, clients and vendors. Ability to communicate effectively face-to-face, in groups, and via telephone and written communication. Ability to travel. Ability to sit for long periods of time entering computer data, researching leads, and telephone communication (up to eight (8) hours). Ability to be detail oriented, work without supervision and must be available during working hours.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by individuals assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, knowledge, skills and abilities required of individuals so classified. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties and responsibilities.