Warehouse – Inventory Specialist
- Shawnee, KS
SKC Communications is hiring for our warehouse/shipping team. SKC offers a full suite of benefits, including medical & dental insurance, flex spending accounts, holiday & vacation leave, and company-matched retirement savings. Our employee programs are designed to encourage ongoing personal and professional growth. SKC enjoys low turnover, promotes from within and fosters a strong team atmosphere.
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
- Effectively oversee and manage SKC’s product inventory
- Return Processing
- Establish and maintain vendor relationships so that RMAs are processed successfully.
- Unpack returned merchandise, inspect package condition and assess paperwork sent in with return instructions for proper return procedures.
- Inspect returned merchandise, checking for quality and condition of product to determine return category.
- Follow SKC’s return processes and close our open RMA’s.
- Distribute returned items to their vendor/manufacture as a primary objective. As a secondary return items to proper location considering all factors including the value of the product, its condition and type of return.
- Develop and maintain internal processes to maximize profits/minimize losses from all returned product.
- Coordinate stock counts in conjunction with Receiving and Shipping Departments.
- Counts and reconciles randomly chosen part numbers and/or locations.
- Verify stock on hand matches values in accounting system.
- Process assigned reports and reconcile/research all know issues in a timely manner.
SECONDARY RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
- Identify obsolete inventory and create an effective plan to eliminate from stock.
- Learn the shipping and receiving processes within the warehouse to assist when needed.
- Actively attempt to sell/move valuable items that may be returned from previous projects.
- Work in conjunction with Warehouse Manager for year-end inventory count and process.
- Provide any other support to ensure SKC operates up to standards on a daily basis
SKC Communication Products, LLC promotes from within and strives to recognize each associate’s individual talents. SKC believes that our associates are our company’s most valuable asset. Consequently, SKC enjoys low turnover, promotes from within and fosters a strong team atmosphere. SKC offers a business casual environment, and we encourage our employees to be creative and enjoy the time they spend at work.
Special Physical Requirements
Ability to lift packages up to 50 lbs.
Occasional travel between HQ and Warehouse
College degree preferred
Successful completion of Excel skills assessment
Advanced skills required with Microsoft Office Suite, including Outlook, Word, Excel, Access, and PowerPoint
Excellent organizational skills
Strong computer skills
Self-starter and motivated
Excellent written and grammar skills
Great communication skills
Dedicated and reliable
Ability to multi-task is critical
Ability to analyze customer situations, make decisions and solve problems under pressure. Ability to work with a high degree of accuracy and detail. Basic numeric skills. Ability to maintain positive working relationships with management, co-workers, clients and vendors. Ability to communicate effectively face-to-face, in groups, and via telephone and written communication. Ability to travel. Ability to sit for long periods of time entering computer data, researching leads, and telephone communication (up to eight (8) hours). Ability to be detail oriented, work without supervision and must be available during working hours.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by individuals assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, knowledge, skills and abilities required of individuals so classified. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties and responsibilities.
SKC Communication Products, LLC (SKC) is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to disability or protected veteran status, or other characteristics protected by law.